Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grocery store savings

I just had a friend post some AMAZING savings that she got at the grocery store--so that made me think of the last trip I took to the store....how much did I save?

So I pulled out the long old receipt.

I paid full price for 27 things including---

tomato soup
tweezers
bell peppers
lettuce
oranges
gum
and so on---

The most I saved on one item was $20.00--I bought a griddle--the kind you cook pancakes on-
But that was only about a 50% savings--On some items I saved more than that--I box of $3.98-- I paid $.98--so that was a bigger savings, just not in dollars--anyway...

I "spent" $335.23
and paid $260.71

I saved $75.52

which actually is only about 23%....I normally strive to save 35-40%...but hit right around 30%.

Yes--huge grocery bill for me!

But to justify--I bought
a griddle--$20.00
Steak--$10.00 (i ruined the last steak with too much seasonings--)
Ham--$18.00 (I got a great deal--so I bought alot)
Canning Jars--$22.00 (never on sale that I have seen)
A window cleaner tool--$15.00
make-up/2 pair of Tweezers $10.00

And that right there is about $100.00
So then throw is some food--some cleaning supplies and it adds up SO FAST!

I am not a big coupon person--since they are not easy to get here and our computer drinks ink-I don't save hardly anything on printing coupons (unless they are really good).

BUT maybe I will try to make a game and see how much I can save. I would make my sister proud!

Have a lovely time---I am not sure when I will post again---crazy week and weekend ahead of us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment