Mom Plan of Action:
1. Spend more time with the girls--This is vague because I am trying to teach Pepper to play "alone" instead of hanging out at mom's side all the time--but overall I find myself saying "Just a Minute" Way TOO OFTEN. (since writing this post --a few days before I actually posted it--I have held both girls almost every time they asked)
2. Work with them to teach them some basic chores I want them to learn. Pepper loves to help, but Sedona is now a slowpoke when it comes to cleaning up.
Things I will teach them
1. Fold/hang up/put away Clothes
2. "make" bed (mostly just straighten it up)
3. Put toys in their proper place when done playing
1. Pick up toys after playing with them
2. Set the Table
3. Clear the Table
(she can do the last 2 things pretty well--but we will keep working on them)
3. Have Family Home Evening and Family Prayer. The girls really enjoy this--I want FHE to be something that I have thought about and planned, not thrown together in the last 5 minutes.
How I will accomplish this--I have a FHE folder, but it is not very organized. I will take one month at a time and get everything together for the lessons I will teach that month. They will be placed is a FHE box and pulled out during the appropriate time. This should be fun--
Family Prayer and Scriptures are easier to do with Lucas home. BUT I have a routine we try to follow when we are at home and Prayer and Scripture fit right in! I AM NOT SO TIRED I CAN'T TEACH MY CHILDREN--which sometimes becomes an issue when it is time for them to go to bed--
4. Enjoy my girls. Sometimes I am so busy being a mom I forget I need to enjoy this time with them. I want individual time doing something they enjoy (not spending that time researching WHAT COULD be fun).
Here is a quick list of fun things I will do with them. I will not spend time "researching" other activities until I have accomplished these! Most of these are easy to start out with and I have all the items at home (so no "but I didn't have the items I needed excuse!).
Each girl has 10 things I want to do with them--There are a couple duplicates, but that is ok, I want to do things together also.
1. Tea Party
2. Dress Up/Make-up/Fingernails
4. Work Books (Sedona loves these!)
5. Watch a movie and engage with her during it--what do you think will happen?
6. Go to the actual Movies
7. Record her singing
8. Macaroni Necklaces
Pepper (she is a little harder to find "fun" things to do with because she isn't as established in her likes/dislikes as Sedona)
3. Pillow fight
4. Coloring with her
5. Make a fort with her
6. Record her singing
9. Play with babies and Blankets
10. Tickle Machine
What a blessed life I live! I can actually have FUN for a living!! I can enjoy the greatest blessings our Father in Heaven has in store for us-motherhood!
This mommy post will also be updated often and will include the growth I see in not only my girls, but in me and our family relationship!