Friday, March 26, 2010

WAY TO MUCH INFORMATION







I know this is a little personal and I would have HATED my mom if she Blogged about this, but at the same time--maybe my experience can help someone else.


Pepper has a hard time going poo. She holds it in until it really hurts to go and then can't and it just cycles.


I gave her medicine to help her, and it worked great. So I started to lessen it, but too quickly because she had issues again.

SO after her having to "go" for a whole 36 hours and NOT "going" - I did something Drastic. I gave her an enema. YUCK! I know! She was very brave and I gave her about 1/4 bottle--less then the box recommended--and about two minutes later she went--alot--it was awesome, but then the problems started. This was at night before she went to bed.



The next morning she has had diarrhea (sp?) all day. Poor little girl. Totally one extreme to the other.


So hopefully no one else will have to deal with this, but if you do give an enema--start out with less than needed--way less--you can always give more--AND make sure that you aren't going anywhere that day- Next time I would give it to her in the morning...

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, I'm so sorry!! Millie has been having issues too. Josh gave her a suppository to help her go. I think it mortified the other girls who were there. Emma turned to me and said, "Mom, what...what was that thing Daddy put, um, in Millie?" I had to tell her it was medicine to help Millie poop. Anyway, we had a major blow out too. Finally.

Jean said...

My recomendation is that RJ was on miralax for about 18 months, and my only regret was that I didn't figure out what was wrong and start her on it much earlier! It is so much better (in my opinion) to have no bed wetting, no toilet clogging, no accidents, etc. etc. and take the miralax for a while!

Post a Comment