Wednesday, March 3, 2010

House Plan of Action--FINALLY!

The other day I had a melt down. I was messing up the playroom floorboards. I could not cut the angles right. Lucas got the brunt of it---SORRY!! BUT I learned how to cut angles, how to visualise a little better--and watching Lucas make some mistakes--I learned that even after doing it your whole life, you will still make some mistakes.

WITH THAT IN MIND!!

I am going to start on other projects. Of course I will finish the Playroom--I NEED TO FINISH WHAT I START!! But then I will move on to the more difficult projects.

Downstairs I have

1. Mudroom


2. Kitchen


3. Bathroom


4. Master Bedroom


5. Non working Master Bathroom


6. Dinning Room


7. Sitting Room (I guess most would call it a living room)


8. Family Room (TV, Piano--that type of room)



I can clean the Sitting Room and the family room in about 10 minutes total --TOGETHER!!


But the rest of Downstairs takes me hours--IF I even finish it---


Why? Because I know where everything goes in those two rooms--they have a function, they have a purpose, they have good storage, they have a plan...the other rooms...not so much.



The dinning room is a catch all---Papers, toys, computer, Church, books, bills, and everything else. The Kitchen is just messy because I am lazy at kitchen clean up--BUT I have noticed that if I clean it daily I can get through it SO MUCH FASTER then if I let it pile up ....hummm.... sounds logical.

ANYWAY---

I could go through each room this way---but to spare you ALL the boring details---I know --too late for most of you right?


I want my rooms to have function, storage, and a plan! The best way to do that is to find out what the purpose of each room is and then make it happen! De-clutter, organize, label (that helps me alot) and then work it.

So I have a folder I have done all this planning in (see I like to plan it, but not really do it), and I will work on something in that folder until I am happy with it.


Obviously my first room will be to finish the playroom.

After that I think I will tackle the Dinning room---Paint, Organized, fix walls, re-stain the wood, paint the desk--maybe the hutch, and really start making our house -- ours!!!

I will keep everyone abreast of my work on my blog---the virtual way to be accountable--- Pictures help--so once again you will see my house as the "scary" normal level of chaos I try (and fail) to function.

Oh yeah--Summer is coming up so I will start a planning for yard--out building--functions--plans--and so much more!!


UGG-- I am so glad I have years and years and years left to do all of this---actually as I start each room I will have a deadline!!


FIRST STOP--PLAYROOM

Everything I can do will be done my the 1st Weekend in march--I CAN DO IT!!!

I will post pictures of where i am at--list what I need to do and get working!

get so excited planning that I need to get this excited about doing!!

1 comments:

Jean said...

Amy, I realized I don't have your email address.
If you send an email to my gmail:
princess.talk.a.lot@gmail.com
I'll include you in my group email list where I try to send out a few pictures 4-5 times a year of my kid's ... to make up for their pictures not being shown on the blog ;(.

Post a Comment