Monday, August 31, 2009
I have been trying to make an aapron for MONTHS now and I am totally stuck on the bias tape--I am not confident enough to continue....so maybe I will just win one instead
Check out this cute Aapron!
go here to see the cute hair bow give-away!
I hope I win the happy birthday ones or the halloween ones!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Cute little mess of a girl
and can you see all those hairs at the top of her head sticking up--that is where she cut her hair off this summer.
Wet wipes (for clean up)
First Aid Kit
Guitar and Music
Towels (small & Large incase they fall in lake)
Small Dust Broom for Tent
Bucket to do dishes
Cards (and other activities you can play in the tent during rain)
Guns and ammo
if you have small children a portable potty chair
Spatula-with a long handle so you don’t have to reach into the fire
a kettle to put on the fire
a hot pad
lots of water!
Hot Dogs Ketchup Relish
Buns Mustard Mayo
Pancakes Milk Syrup Butter
Muffins/popcorn/granola bars/tin foil/red-hot’s/cinnamon/Apples
apples cooked on fire, wrap in tin foil with red-hots & Cinnamon
For the Kids
1. Glue to make sand paintings
2. Paint & Paper (Make stamps of rocks, leafs, and so on)
Scavenger Hunt—find and take a picture or do.
1. Skip rocks
2. Walking Stick
3. Pretty Flower
4. Round Stone
5. Litter (and pick it up)
7. See some wild-life
Backpacks to hold treasures and hiking stuff
Wood gathering ---Longest stick, biggest stick, crookest stick. etc.
Per Day (or so)--clothing and personal items
Amy Lucas Sedona Pepper
Pants Pants Pants Pants
Shirt Shirt Shirt Shirt
Socks Socks Socks Socks
Underclothing Underclothing Underwear Diapers
PJ PJ PJ PJ
All Kids Extra
Hair brush Lotion Camera-Film/Batteries
Toothbrush Pain Killer Cell Phone
Toothpaste Allergy Medicine Chargers (car)
Floss Cold Medicine Day Planners
Hair Accessories Night Medicine Pillows
Tweezers Nail Clippers
CAR BAG & DIAPER BAG
Diapers Wet Wipes Music Drink
Snacks Toys Books
Shoes (water shoes/boots/hiking/or at camp)
Extra set of clothes
Sunscreen Bug Spray
Sandals Swimming things (goggles, suits, floating, toys)
Coats Hats Gloves
Friday, August 21, 2009
Here we go!
Laundry--keep it going all day!
Done--1. Freeze the beans and Peas in fridge
Done--2. Check Garden for anymore veggies that need Frozen
3. Start a rice blanket for the girls
4. Clean kitchen
Doing--5. Look up Apple reciepes
6. Start picking Apples
7. Do Apples the rest of the day.
Wish me luck! I will keep you all posted!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
They took a three ring notebook and turned it into a chore flip chart.
I have a brain book for myself, which I need to get into the habit of using again, so why not give one to my kids...
The notebook is flipped on it side so it stands up by itself and each child have a ring with her chores on it. It is great, but I can't find the picture--When I make mine I will take a picture so everyone can see what I am talking about!
Off to get ready for scout activity! Have a great night everyone!
I am very excited because one of my goals is to do a cute cake before I turn 30--Well that is coming up quicker than I want to admit, but I think I might get this one off the list....today!
The cub-scouts are having their kick-up tonight and I was just going to do another boring cupcake thing, until I looked up cute cakes--I saw one that was a train--and I have a perfect cake set to do a train--they are mini loafs--of about 2 cup-cakes put together in size.
I have 0 money so I am improvising with what I have---and I might even enter into a contest that I found on another blog--if it turns out ok.
Wish me luck--pictures to follow--I hope it turns out! If pepper stays asleep for a little while longer it will help ALOT!
PS: can I just tell you that it is very annoying to try to make a cute cake only to have your HUBBY come in and tell you a couple tricks and the cake looks SO much better--he didn't do it with this one, but he has in the past--I AM the one who is supposed to be the good cook, but alas--he is still better at that than I am. The only thing I have found I am better at him is
1. Singing (and only because he didn't grow up singing, I think he would be better if he learned and practiced
2. Some video games--
but really those aren't very important in the grand scheme of things....
Monday, August 17, 2009
The words on the Temple--
the pretty temple flowers. I really liked them.
The Older group again
Trying to Get all the Primary kids to take a picture
Why I play in Cyberworld!
"You look so pretty!". Satisfied Sedona went right to a chair and sat down...other kids were still clinging to their parents, but not Sedona. The teacher just smiled and said ...
"you know what you are doing, huh Sedona?" And Sedona just smiled at her....then Pepper started to go in and I told her...
"no only Sedona", which caused a little whining until I told Pepper to tell her Bye-bye. For some reason saying good-bye to someone makes it all ok for Pepper. Since dropping Sedona off, Pepper has asked about 20 times
"Where Dona?" Poor little girl is so sad to not have her sister to play with all day.
(peppers sad face)
Also, Sedona took her time getting ready today--She wanted to wear her pretty dress--her matching shoes, her sparkly bracelet, hair in pig-tails, and of course her fingernail polish--where did I get such a girly-girl?
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Just for FUN
So I love Youtube because of the funny video's---My girls and I love the sneezing panda, and looking at laughing babies---The latest one I saw is called Grandma hitting a car---It is an old women with a silver car waiting for her--it you also watch youtube look it up--I am pretty sure it isn't real, but made me laugh.
In the process of organizing pictures--I was almost done by this time--you should have seen it when it was really a mess--good thing I did it in a room I could close the door on--No kids allowed in here for about 2-3 days while I did it all.
Lucas's Man Cave
Off to go make a chore chart for Sedona and get dinner on the table
before Lucas goes home teaching!
Also I wanted to do a blog on Mr. Darcy again, and how he compairs and contrasts to Lucas--That will be a highlight of things to come. :)
Monday, August 10, 2009
What a blessed life I live!
I had a friend one time make a happy list--of all the things that make her happy
(note being tickled it NOT one of my happy things--as Sedona has learned and thinks is very funny!)
So I will start a list and add to it on and off....each in a new post....
this is not in any specific order.
1. My little kids who still want to play with me
2. A clean kitchen
3. Fresh laundry sitting in the dryer--and not the washing machine
4. Finishing a project that has been sitting for months
5. Little girls who get so excited to see their dad walk in the door
6. Dancing time with my girls
7. having a lovely garden that I have already started to harvest and freeze
8. A husband who works so hard for us
9. Watching the fireworks on Manassa hill--even if you have a slight chance of being burned...
10. The smell of rain
11. A rainbow that touches the ground
12. My little Sedona "whistling"--she just makes a loud, high pitched hoot.
13. Pepper winking at me
15. Campfires--I have learned I enjoy camping because of the calm in the morning and the campfire--those two things makes the rest worth while
16. Sleeping in a comfortable bed
17. Being woke up to a Sedona face right next to mine saying "Pepper woke me up!"
19. A hogi-yogi raspberry/Heath ice-cream (Does Hogi-Yogi even exist anymore)
20. A really good book-that you can put down, but are excited to read ASAP
21. A nicely done Scrapbook page
23. Good kids in my primary
24. The telephone
25. Moms who are trying hard to be good moms
26. notebooks and fun pens--I LOVE fun notebooks and fun pens
27. Jobs that allow you to be creative
28. I love planning things--even if they aren't going to happen
29. When the girls sit still long enough to do their hair cute
30. General Conference editions of the Ensign
31. I am always amazed--though I shouldn't be--that there is always a talk in the ensign designed just for me!
32. Garbage men--I would hate to deal with all my trash--or ANYone Else's
34. The colors Red and Yellow and yes even pink sometimes
35. Caneoing--I have only had one weeks worth of opportunity, but I fell in love with it--especially in the very early morning--
36. Waxed legs--I hate shaving--waxing is worth the pain.
37. The crunch of really cold snow--and how it sparkles
38. I like the smell of people burning their leaves in the fall
39. The memory of my dad sitting in his chair describing how all the Christmas tree lights look like fireworks without his glasses on.
40. A wall painted red
41. cute and fun blogs--that don't make you feel like to big of a slacker--
42. Learning a new recipe that takes really good--and is easy
43. Family/Friends who help me try new things
44. The smell of lilacs
45. Watching hummingbirds on our hollyhocks.
46. Good Chocolate chip cookies
47. A movie that can be watched over and over and over
48. A song that makes you get up and move no matter what
49. An eternal family
50. Hot Chocolate
51. The smell of jack-o-lanterns before they burn
52. That one outfit that makes you feel really good about yourself
53. Waking up with a feeling like you can get ALOT done today
54. Crossing off your days To-Do list-before you run out of steam...
55. leaving something better than you found it.
56. Spell check!
OK I really could go on and on---but I will stop...for now
Sunday, August 9, 2009
I don't like to be addicted to anything, so today I blocked all farmville and farm town from my facebook---I haven't really thought about it today, but I am sure tomorrow when I am bored I will miss it---I did go online and find some great activities to do with your kids, so if I start wanting to play my games I will just turn to those idea's.
OK--so maybe my blogs will be more exciting now that I am not spending all my free (and alot of my not-so-free time playing games!!)
Friday, August 7, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Starting in 1 hours--no facebook for two days!
Lets see what I can get done in those 2-3 Days!!
The Bad---Sedona did not clean her room--I gave her more than an hour to clean it and when I went upstairs it was just as messy as before.
The Ugly--I went and got grocery sacks, and put all her toys on the floor in the sacks--She will be able to earn her toys back if she keeps her room clean for 1 week--If not, the toys are going to goodwill. She cried the whole time I was picking toys up to put in the bag.
Sedona has gotten into the habit of licking! It is SO GROSS. She just licked her finger and wiped it down my nose as I was typing. I am not happy!
I took before pictures of my rooms downstairs and will post after pictures as they get clean. It is 2--and I have spent most the day on the computer and that always makes me grumpy, so I am off to get something DONE.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
---remind me to wait til AFTER to give them baths next time! They were more dirty after that then they were before the bath!
Oh well- You live and learn.
you can't really see all the dirt on sedona's face!
Also Lucas took the desk from upstairs so that cleared out an area upstairs in the scary room! Pictures again to follow.
Monday, August 3, 2009
I was able to get lots done on my list, but not all.
2. Lawn & Swept (our grass leaves clippings which bugs like to live in so Lucas bought me a great invention called a lawn sweeper--it saves me hours of work)
3. Bathroom cleaned (except tub--which it doesn't need too bad)
4. I got 4 loads of laundry folded and put away--3 loads washed-and 2 loads dryed. I know it doesn't make add up--but I had loads dry without putting them away- and I am still working on it.
5. Car! That was a big one--I got the Cruiser all cleaned out and vacuumed (now I have a mess inside to deal with!)
6. Clutter room---OK I didn't work on it for more than 5 minutes, I found letters I wrote to Lucas while he was on his mission--I read a few of those--OK I read for about 15 minutes--cleaned 5, read 15--sounds like a typical day.
Plus the dang farm games on Facebook are so addicting! I have got to do something about that!
Tonight I will keep laundry going, do a quick pick up of whole house, put some Car junk away, and look through pictures--unless Sedona wants to sleep in a tent outside tonight, then everything can wait till tomorrow!
I am not sure what they are rated, but I would like to see them.
This one is a little environmental, but still looks fun
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Just a little break---off to work!
2. 1 load washed-1 load dry
3. Lawns Mowed!
This is mostly Christmas stuff that I need to go through
sorry if you find my to do lists kind of boring, but like I said I find that the blog keeps me motivated---
So today I will....
1. Do 5 loads of laundry (wash, dry, AND put away)
2. Clean both the cars out and Vacuum them
3. Clean Bathroom
4. Clean Upstairs scary room for 20 minutes
5. Sort my pictures half an hour!
OK--I will take before and after pictures to help keep myself honest--
Here I go!
"The Proper care and feeding of Husbands"
Before you have a fit--it is a wonderful book about how we, as women and wives, need to treat our husbands with respect. I feel that if more women read this book and actually applied the teachings (I don't agree 100% with all of it), then people, marriages, men and women, would all be happier.
Of course this only works if you are in a healthy relationship to begin with!
BTW (by the way)--does anyone know where my copy of it went too? I gave one copy as a gift, but I thought I had two....