Thursday, March 25, 2010

A new birth with Easter?

So I started thinking about it.



Why do we celebrate with eggs and chicks and rabbits at Easter--why not pictures and statues of Christ.



PS: why is it called Easter? I will have to look that up...



When I looked around I saw that most Easter religious decorating dealt with crosses and such.



Not such a big fan of that stuff. I would like to remember the awakening of Christ and not the death...so maybe these things make us feel uplifted, fresh, revived, and "awakened" to the joys of life....



So maybe New Years Resolutions should be renewed at Easter time. Maybe this is a great time to have another Jump Start!



So what would I want to jump start in my life?

My sleeping pattern

My exercise routine (which means do one)

My Eating pattern/menu

My Energy Level



Hum...maybe the first three deal directly with my last one? Ya think?



I am reading a book right now where each of main characters (about 4 of them) all choose a word to focus on for the year. One chooses gratitude, one faith, and so on---

what word would I do?



I have NO IDEA!



Word hunting---I would love to hear what word YOU would choose for this "awakening" time of the year.



Maybe Healing. I have lots of places in my personal life that need healed--or maybe strengthened. YEP that is the word---Strengthen --



Strengthen...

my body

my mind

my relationship with husband

my relationship with kids

my family as a whole

my self as a whole person

my wallet/future

......

(Since this IS THE EASTER SEASON--what better goal than to strengthen our religious/spiritual self!)

my relationship with Heavenly Father & Christ

0 comments:

Post a Comment