Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Dad

I had this scheduled to post in a few months, but alas I still stink at this blogging thing, so it posted now, which is fine with me--he is still in my thoughts all the time!
I was randomly google imaging people I know and When I googled by dad--he was the first picture to show up---I was a little suprised, but then I saw it was for his obituary. So I thought I would post it. I added the pharagraphs myself.





Thomas Doran Whitaker
Age 60, our loving Father, Grandfather, Brother, Brother-inlaw, Uncle, Bishop, Friend, and Husband passed away on September 26th, 2009 due to injuries sustained in a bicycle accident on June 15th, 2009.

Born February 22, 1949 in Logan, Utah to Thomas W. Whitaker and Marjorie Rath Whitaker. The oldest of six children, raised in Washington. He served a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Texas. Doran married the love of his life, Joye Ann Fischio Whitaker on August 20th, 1975 in Salt Lake City and spent 34 years of marriage together. They look forward to many more in heaven.

He had many interests, talents, and virtues. He loved every moment of life, and was an eternal optimist. He enjoyed the outdoors, puzzles of all kinds, reading books, writing sonnets, and riding his bicycle. He had a beautiful singing voice, and was friend to everyone he met.

Our Doran was a loving, patient, spiritual giant who served others in whatever capacity he could. He taught his children the important values of life: hard work, dedication, education, and treating a spouse property. (this was a mistake!! Properly! not property! Geeze--for $1000.00 you think they could get it RIGHT!)

He spent his life serving the church. He lived every aspect of life extraordinarily. He was partners with Phil and Diane Nolen, who befriended and employed him at Nolen & Company for 27 years, where he was Vice-President.

Doran is survived by his mother, wife, two sons, two daughters, and their spouses: Marjorie Rath Whitaker, Joye Ann Fischio Whitaker, wife, Thomas A. "Tandy" (Steffani) Whitaker, Brad (Angela) McFadden, Lucas (Amy) Larson, and Jonathan Whitaker; 8 grandchildren. Preceded in death by his father.

Funeral services, Wednesday, September 30th, 11 am at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 1939 E. Easter Ave., Littleton, CO. Friends may call on Tuesday, September 29th, 6-8 pm, at the church and an hour prior to services. Internment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park in Salt Lake City, Utah.

------------------------------------------------




I am sure I have stated this many times before--but I love how true it is.


Afte the funeral Lucas said--"I think that is the first funeral where everything they said about the person was true!"

2 comments:

travelingmom said...

thanks amy. I've been thinking about Dad alot too.

Shelly said...

Somehow I missed that he had passed. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. He sounds like a great man, and judging by his daughter, he must have been!

Post a Comment