Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wife Plan of Action

I was talking about a couple with Lucas the other day and I said "I couldn't be married to him." (I can not remember who we were talking about--so don't worry it wasn't about your marriage :) ) and Lucas said--"I wonder how many people say that about me?"


So that started me thinking about all the wonderful things Lucas does to be a good husband (actually I started with the items that many women might find as a turn off--but in the right light can be a good thing--such as always being honest--sometimes brutally honest--but I would rather have it that way--then never quite honest!) and will have to write a blog about them soon! BUT I DIGRESS...


I want to be a better wife. Everything I have ever read says if you become a better wife you husband becomes a better husband. (not that I need Lucas to be a better husband--I will just be quite and continue before I stick my foot in my mouth)


So this is the plan (which over laps with some of the other categories.


(this is not in a specific order!)


1. Work Out=Sexy Body=Happy Husband


2. Good mom=Good kids=Happy Husband


3. Clean House=Less Stress=Happy Husband


4. Acts of Service (read the 5 Love Languages)=thoughtful wife=Happy Husband


5. Non-nagging/non-moody/non-cold-shoulder=Appreciated husband=Happy Husband


6. Good Meals=Content husband=Happy Husband





So pretty much treat him properly!! I am going to re-read the proper care and feeding of husbands when i return--which if you are reading this--I most likely have returned!





I read a 1950's article on what a "good wife" was. Alot of it was dated, but the underlying message with worth looking at twice. Mostly it was treat your husband as the most important thing in your life! Ha--he IS the most important thing in my life--so why do I treat the mailman, garbage man, stranger at grocery store, and everyone else, better than my husband--Yes we could go into an argument about the "demands" those people have on us compared to our husbands, but I won't.





I want to be more like the wide eyed girl he fell in love with-- and less of this evil-eyed hag he has to live with now!

As I re-read and re-apply the things in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands I will continue to write my "wife-y" blog section on things I am doing. Since I know Lucas's love language is Acts of Service--tomorrow will be spend cleaning up the house (helping to accomplish the house goal at the same time) and making a lovely meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment