Monday, March 8, 2010

Lucky Luke's Day

Today Lucas was up and gone by 6:30 ish--to be ready to get loaded at 7:00 so that the ground would still be frozen.
Well--it wasn't frozen. He got stuck and three hours after getting loaded he was heading out.
Then I remembered to go and get my signature notarized for Town Board (Lucas is running).
I forgot he had to sign in FRONT of the notarize in person also--so I call him--Luckily he was in Manassa--so I went to go and get him to drive back to La Jara.
We get stuck in this LONG line of cars all going at least 15 miles UNDER the speed limit.
Get there--get the papers signed--return to to the truck.
I get home and see that I have Lucas's CELL PHONE! Ugg. Too late. Can't call him to stop him, can't catch him....

He borrowed the phone of the guy who unloaded him to let me know he when he would be home.

So after I am sure a long day for Lucas I am sure he will be ready for a good night sleep. After doing a run that should have only taken about 6 hours-(he should have been home between 2-4 this afternoon)-It is it has been a LONG day! Poor guy!

BUT...
I finished the "non-fun" part of the playroom. OK--I still have to fix the top corners, get the electricity done, and the desk skirt and desk chairs--but really--I am ALMOST done. The rest if FUN decorating stuff. I am totally excited.

AND

Pam and I cleaned out the deep freeze. We had a breaker go out and the freezer in the garage went out--not sure how much meat was ruined, but lots of blood was at the bottom of the freezer. Did you know that Hydrogen Peroxide lifts blood off of stuff! It is AMAZING. I scrubbed for about 20 minutes before Pam told me that. I had cleaned maybe 1/8 of the bottom of the freezer---after dumping hydrogen Peroxide in the bottom and waiting about 5 minuts the blood mostly just wiped up! It is the best--I guess it is great for getting blood out of clothing too!! I am so excited to try it--but not excited enough to give myself a bloody nose!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment