Friday, April 1, 2011

Looking Back

Wow--looking at my past posts--both on this blog and the previous one-- I am really boring. If I had a housekeeper I am not sure anyone would anyone hear from me! :) I had to laugh because I read some blogs and I think--do they have no faults? And then I read mine and think--wow--my faults are clearly out there! well the faults that I am not too scared to share--but really I do try to "keep it real". So here is a list quick list of 5 (ok 6) things I need to work on! 1. Eat more healthy 2. Early to bed, early to rise 3. Have my scary room total clean out 4. Put the needs of my family first no matter how tired I was 5. Exercize at least 3 times a week 6. Keep up with daily chores THE SAME TOP 6 I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING ABOUT FOREVER!! So I am going to do something that isn't "cool" in our society. I am going to make a list of things I am good at or proud of about MYSELF *GASP*. I am sure some people could do a list of 20-100 things that they like about themselves, but I am going to start with 15-- Why 15--because it is easy to do 5, a little harder to do 10, but 15--I might need to actually think past the "normal" proud of myself things. 1. I can get along with a variety of people pretty well. 2. I have good leadership skills. 3. I am self taught with most of my computer skills. 4. I have been within 5 pounds of my goal weight between each kid so far. 5. I love to learn--and I am passing that on to my kids. 6. I love to read--and I am passing that on to my kids. 7. I am proud that I went from City Girl to Country girl and love both! 8. I honestly want and try to be a good mom and good wife. 9. I like to find weaknesses in myself and improve on them. 10. I am pretty creative and love to plan things. 11. Most of the time I like change. 12. I can let go of things that hurt pretty easy. 13. I try to be self-sufficent. 14. I am someone people can count on. 15. I am willing to share my life with you! Ha ha--OK I had to have one freebie right? -This was hard for me, but what was even harder was not to put a negative comment after my positive comment--for example: I am self taught in my computer skills--I ALMOST wrote--"which might not be a strength after all". I am learning - those negative comments after a postive comment will not work for me anymore! Self discovery is a good thing. I challenge you to either do a list of 5, 10, or 15 things you are proud of, and then a list of 5 things you could work on.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Good Job, Amy! Just the other day I realized that i had never blogged about myself. So I finally did. It only consisted of topics of my day AND I posted a picture, but it was still hard for me to do! We women are funny that way! Maybe we should toot our own horns more often!

Anonymous said...

My favorites are that you love to learn and read and are passing those traits on. That is SO important! I've started reading almost every night with one of my girls - either over the phone or on Skype - it's wonderful to watch her love it and blossom (she's eight and we started with Natalie Babbitt's "Tuck Everlasting"). Plus, we get to interact every day, even when I don't see her!

I try to make lists like this when I get depressed. It seems like it's easier to make the lists than to truly believe in them, but I try. :)

Post a Comment