Saturday, April 23, 2011

Letting go of control

I am a control freak.

If you wonder if you are a control freak or not, host an exchange student and you will find out soon enough.

We have a exchange student (for another few weeks), who is a model student. Straight A's, never does ANYTHING that I have to worry about--no parties, no smoking, no drugs, no alcholo, no boyfriend, no stealing---really compaired to SOME of the stories I have heard we are really blessed to have the one we have BUT

I like things done a certain way. I like to live my life a certain way. I like my rules followed and people to understand the unspoken rules and regulations that run a house.

Throw in a teen-ager who doesn't know any of those rules and you have a control freaks delema. Like I said, it isn't her, it is me.

PLUS I have been living pretty much alone (with out adult compainionship) for the last 5 years with Lucas gone so much--so then to have someone there alot is kind of strange. Plus she is a teenager and likes teenager things (make-up, jewerly, and so on), and that is different for me.

SO I have been trying really hard to let go on control this past month. I have learning that I will soon have 3 kids and even less control then I do right now. My focus for this year has been to simplfy and focus. Maybe by simplifying my expectations of self, family, and others I can learn that control isn't all that it is cracked up to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment