Saturday, April 2, 2011

Freezer Meals

Here is the WHOLE story... I had my first child by c-section. But it was all her fault! Ok--she was frank breech, which means even if she did turn she would have most likely been feet first, so I just decided instead of risking it (the doctor gave me a less than 1% chance of her turning) I did the c-section. The second child I didn't want a C-section so I hoofed it up to Denver and got approved to have a V-Bac at the hospital up there. So three weeks before I was due- Sedona and I headed to Denver to live with my mom-while Lucas stayed home and worked. He came up the week I was due and ta-da--she was a week late, meaning I wasn't home for almost a month by the time I did get home. They have you go up early to make sure you aren't traveling when you go into labor, and plus going over the pass isn't good for really prego women---besides, I get to live with my mom for a few weeks--who wouldn't want that right before they are due! This is where the freezer meals come it--- I am now due with baby #3 (A BOY!) and again I am headed up to Denver a few weeks before the baby is due. Lucas said he was really sad that no one brought him a meal once the whole time he was home alone (in our community it is common to have church members check up on each other, and bring meals, and do that kind of stuff for each other)--He wasn't really sad, but just making a comment. SO with this baby I will be working on that. I have a whole list of meals I am going to make before I leave so that Lucas has a freezer meal and so that I have about 15-20 meals when I get home waiting to use so I don't have to cook either. Yeerah (our Korean exhance student) really enjoys cooking so I have enlisted her help for the day--and possibly my sister-in-law Pam will be in on it too. I did freezer meals once or twice and loved it. I have also done once-a-month-meat cooking too. When I didn't have time to do all the meals, I just cooked up a whole bunch of meat and froze it. Instead of having to wait for hamburger to thaw, or chicken to cook, I could grab a pre-cooked meat ziplock and use that--really handy! Like I said in this area women often bring in meals to each other when we have had children, an illness, an accident, and anytime we might need a little boost--Infact--there is a lady I should take a meal in to today! Gotta work on that later. So this is going to be a LONG post about Freezer meals. First I came up with meals that I really wanted and some meals that I knew Lucas would want. I wanted a variety so this is what I have as a To MAKE menu Itailian -Manicotti -Baked Ziti -Lasgnana -Chicken Alfredo Mexician -Chicken Enchilada -Burrito's- -Fajita's -Taco's Beef Meals -Meatballs -Meatloaf -French Dip Sandwiches -Beef Stroganoff -Beef Pot Pie (In cupcakes) Chicken Meals -Chicken Fried Rice -BBQ Chicekn Sanwiches -Lots of extra shredded/cubbed chucks -Chicken Pot Pie (In Cupcakes) Other meals -French Toast Sticks -Cheesy Ham & potatoe casserole -Breakfast Casserole (in cupcakes) -Breakfast Burritos -Frozen Fruit Chunks -Muffins Over ambious!? YES!? But I will have an extra pair of hands, and I am NOT planning on doing all of this in one day. OK most of it in one day! The Blue is what I want to accomplish in one day. Yes--still over ambious--but remember I will have two extra people in the kitchen helping. I will have a plan for each person and a plan for the whole day. So next I will post the Prep I need to do to the kitchen and my grocery list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment