Monday, August 10, 2009

life is good

As I write I have two little girls crawling all over me asking me to do 4 different things!

What a blessed life I live!

I had a friend one time make a happy list--of all the things that make her happy
(note being tickled it NOT one of my happy things--as Sedona has learned and thinks is very funny!)

So I will start a list and add to it on and off....each in a new post....
this is not in any specific order.

1. My little kids who still want to play with me
2. A clean kitchen
3. Fresh laundry sitting in the dryer--and not the washing machine
4. Finishing a project that has been sitting for months
5. Little girls who get so excited to see their dad walk in the door
6. Dancing time with my girls
7. having a lovely garden that I have already started to harvest and freeze
8. A husband who works so hard for us
9. Watching the fireworks on Manassa hill--even if you have a slight chance of being burned...
10. The smell of rain
11. A rainbow that touches the ground
12. My little Sedona "whistling"--she just makes a loud, high pitched hoot.
13. Pepper winking at me
14. S'mores
15. Campfires--I have learned I enjoy camping because of the calm in the morning and the campfire--those two things makes the rest worth while
16. Sleeping in a comfortable bed
17. Being woke up to a Sedona face right next to mine saying "Pepper woke me up!"
18. Raspberries
19. A hogi-yogi raspberry/Heath ice-cream (Does Hogi-Yogi even exist anymore)
20. A really good book-that you can put down, but are excited to read ASAP
21. A nicely done Scrapbook page
22. Stickers
23. Good kids in my primary
24. The telephone
25. Moms who are trying hard to be good moms
26. notebooks and fun pens--I LOVE fun notebooks and fun pens
27. Jobs that allow you to be creative
28. I love planning things--even if they aren't going to happen
29. When the girls sit still long enough to do their hair cute
30. General Conference editions of the Ensign
31. I am always amazed--though I shouldn't be--that there is always a talk in the ensign designed just for me!
32. Garbage men--I would hate to deal with all my trash--or ANYone Else's
33. Plumbing
34. The colors Red and Yellow and yes even pink sometimes
35. Caneoing--I have only had one weeks worth of opportunity, but I fell in love with it--especially in the very early morning--
36. Waxed legs--I hate shaving--waxing is worth the pain.
37. The crunch of really cold snow--and how it sparkles
38. I like the smell of people burning their leaves in the fall
39. The memory of my dad sitting in his chair describing how all the Christmas tree lights look like fireworks without his glasses on.
40. A wall painted red
41. cute and fun blogs--that don't make you feel like to big of a slacker--
42. Learning a new recipe that takes really good--and is easy
43. Family/Friends who help me try new things
44. The smell of lilacs
45. Watching hummingbirds on our hollyhocks.
46. Good Chocolate chip cookies
47. A movie that can be watched over and over and over
48. A song that makes you get up and move no matter what
49. An eternal family
50. Hot Chocolate
51. The smell of jack-o-lanterns before they burn
52. That one outfit that makes you feel really good about yourself
53. Waking up with a feeling like you can get ALOT done today
54. Crossing off your days To-Do list-before you run out of steam...
55. leaving something better than you found it.
56. Spell check!

OK I really could go on and on---but I will stop...for now

1 comments:

Tomena said...

Spell check definatly!... Good post Amy ;)

Post a Comment