Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just a break from the everyday

Lucas asked me if I would be able to do the dishes today, that is the first time in almost 3 months that he asked me--and he wasn't being rude--the dishes really needed to be done. I am pretty proud that I have kept the kitchen clean-most of the time-
now on to getting the bedroom clean all the time.
Have you ever wanted to get rid of clothes just so you would have less to wash? Does that work? I think it might in our case, but I have paid attention and found that my girls go through 2 pairs of clothes almost daily--Pepper for sure--After each meal I have to change clothes (she will not keep a bib on!).
I have also learned life is easier with "older" kids, meaning kids that can do somethings for themselves--like finding their shoes, bringing me their diaper, or Sedona is now dressing herself...Most of the time she does really good.
Does anyone else have trouble with getting their kids to play with toys? My girls love to play with other kids toys, but our own...the toys sit upstairs while my girls get into everything downstairs...I wonder if it is because I am downstairs they don't like to play upstairs-- I will bring toys downstairs later tonight and see if that helps keep them busy--won't help keep the house clean--but somethings gotta change--

Just for FUN

So I love Youtube because of the funny video's---My girls and I love the sneezing panda, and looking at laughing babies---The latest one I saw is called Grandma hitting a car---It is an old women with a silver car waiting for her--it you also watch youtube look it up--I am pretty sure it isn't real, but made me laugh.
Random
Sedona loves this outfit (thanks Annie) and she did her own hair--She really wanted a picture, and of course Pepper couldn't be left out--So here are my cute girls!
I wish this was baby powder, but it is Destin! I don't know why Pepper loves it, but this is not the FIRST time she has done this--she is so proud of herself. Luckly she didn't get any in her eye (I know it looks like she did, but she didn't!). She is always into sometime.
Scrapbooking
All my scrapbooking papers, stickers, embellishments, and tools are pretty organized, so now I all had to do was organize my pictures. First I put all the pictures in different catergories--Camping, car shows, birthdays, and so on....then I sorted them out by year...so all my pictures are organized by year (as best as I could tell) and them---not the real fun starts....
In the process of organizing pictures--I was almost done by this time--you should have seen it when it was really a mess--good thing I did it in a room I could close the door on--No kids allowed in here for about 2-3 days while I did it all.
PS: Most the time I just organize my stuff instead of actually using it...now that it is all together maybe I will actually get something done!
I will have to post the pages I finish.
Camping
Sedona and I went "camping" the other week--We made a fire, roasted hot dogs, and slept in a tent-that Luke set up for us...
These are the pictures
We had a comfortable bed (thanks again to Lucas), and some good-night books to enjoy!
In the morning Lucas made us eggs, bacon, and Hot Coco--what a great dad and husband!

Lucas's Man Cave
In Luke's shop he is always inventing things to make his shop better--the latest is his "man cave", which is actually just some desks and a "bar" area he is making so his customers have a place to drink their pop and hang out while he works.
This is the first picture while he is making his area--He took the desk from the scary clutter room and put it to good use out in his shop.
More to come---later... At least in his "man cave" some of his little women will be welcome!
He and Sedona set up this work bench for her, but Pepper enjoys it alot also.

Off to go make a chore chart for Sedona and get dinner on the table

before Lucas goes home teaching!

Also I wanted to do a blog on Mr. Darcy again, and how he compairs and contrasts to Lucas--That will be a highlight of things to come. :)

1 comments:

Tomena said...

I defiantly resorted to getting rid of clothes... I separted everything into outfits. Then the kids can pick what they want to wear but it has to be an outfit. I have to admit I do freak out about changing clothes... that means more laundry. But now I make my kids fold their own laundry (so you are right some things do get a lot easier) so the more they wear the more they fold. The other thing is don't be afraid to make your kids wear things over if they aren't really/that dirty! Or if they're going outside and I'm going to bath them later I pull dirty clothes out of the laundry and make them wear them again... but of course one day's amount of clothes for me is a mountain if I'm not careful it can get out of hand really quick.

LOve the pic of Pepper and the ointment! It made me smile.

Post a Comment