Friday, September 10, 2010

Random thoughts

Today is September 11th?, but I am already full swing into Christmas....CHRISTMAS!? I know!
I like to have Christmas done by October...a little anal, but it saves that last minute splurge on stuff I don't really want to give people.

So I started my list of people to give too....

Husband
Sedona
Pepper
Yee Rah

Mom
Mom-in-law
Step mom-in-law
Nana
Grandma Cluff
Grandma Bev

Dad-in-law
(he looks so alone on this list) :(

Angie & Brad Family (my side)
Larson Family (yet to know we have)

Uncles & Aunts
(I will not name them all)

Teachers (Sedona has 4 this year)
Kitchen Staff (head start)
Bus Driver (head start)
Principle (2)

Friends

Church Leaders

Garbage Man

Who else DO you send Christmas gifts too?
And what do you get for all those "non-big gift" people? Like teachers, or bus drivers....
What do you sent as gifts to those you Mail things too?

Like I said...I know it is early, but I am already getting it done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Home Making--or whatever the crap it is called now.

That sounded very bitter, but it was not. I just don't know what it is called....anyway

Last night we had a great homemaking night. We learned how to make....

1. Lip balm
2. Lotion
3. Soap
4. Fire starters
5. Butter
6. Cheese
7. Laundry detergent

IT WAS SO GREAT!
I am so grateful to live in an area where the people have so many talents.

I would have never thought to make my own lip balm--I always have them everywhere! Now I can make it for much cheaper--and I can add my own smells!

Plus ricotta cheese--I would use it a ton, but it is kind of expensive, not anymore (well, not if I owned a cow, which we do not...)

What is something you wish you knew how to make, or do...that you just never have done?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying so hard to be a morning person, but my body (and mind) fight me like crazy! I get up at 5:30 two days a week, and try to be up by 6:30-7:00 and rest of the week, but man it is killing me. PLUS the hours between 9 and 11 just fly (it use to be 11 till 2--so I am getting better)...so when I want to be in bed by 10:00 I have to set my alarm to remind me to go to bed.

any other suggestions?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

girls are in the tub yelling for me, so I gotta go. I hope to post pictures next time. So be prepared :)

4 comments:

Madeline said...

I get Christmas done early, too. You're nicer than me, because I sure don't give gifts to the garbage man, or principal! For teachers, primary teachers, Visiting teachers etc. I give them all the same thing, ie. homemade magnets. Than i can do them all in one day and be done. For neighbors and co-workers, I do homemade jam with a ribbon, or a cute bag of caramel corn, or something I can make in a big batch. That way you can knock most presents out in one craft day. I send cards to aunts and uncles and family gifts to my siblings and their families (like a game). Go simple and make life easy on yourself!

Madeline said...

Oh, one more thought that you have to do ahead...for grandparents-I sent an envelope with paper cut to size and a stamped return envelope to each sibling, with the instructions to have each family memeber write a letter (or draw a picture) to grandparents with a picture of each person and send it back to me. I then scrapped the letters with the corresponding pictures and compiled them all in a scrapbook/binder. Both sets of parents still cry when they read the letters.

travelingmom said...

tee hee. there called Relief Society Meetings. I like to call them Relief Society weekday meetings so not to get confused with Sunday Relief Society Meetings. If I had a food processor I'd make my own peanut butter because it is super simple. I've seen bloggers make yogurt and cream but the process scares me and grosses me out a bit. love you! BTW with Christmas shopping tip: you can get Amazon Prime Mom right now for 3 months. Just search on amazon for it. IF you do alot of shopping on Amazon, my understanding it that you don't have to get to that 25 dollar limit in order to have it shipped, plus it ships in two days.

travelingmom said...

opps I'm mean they're.

Post a Comment