Monday, September 20, 2010

Bits and Pieces

I woke up today feeling so yucky and haven't gotten much better. Both girls and hubby have colds (but Sedona went to school since she is the least affected), so life isn't that wonderful here. Hopefully Luke will feel better since he had to go trucking today! :( That makes me so sad to know he is feeling bad and has to drive instead of sit around and watch Blue's Clues with Pepper and me.

Last night I didn't sleep well and wrote about 10 posts in my head, but alas, I can't remember a single one of them today--which might be why I don't feel all that great today!

My media fast has mostly turned into just a Facebook fast. I logged on once to see pictures of a friends new baby! I had that great list of things to accomplish, but mostly it isn't going to get done. I think I finally got all my online banking up and going! Not on the list, but needed done! Yeah...now I won't have an excuse...I will be responsible, take my finances by the horns and look them straight in the eyes! I will know daily (OK weekly) where I am at and not worry about bounced checks or what account to write what check out of. I will say that my net worth is pathetic. But considering that we owe less total than alot of people own on a house mortgage makes me feel a little better (but not much!).

We finally ordered parts for our bathroom. We have lived in this house since 2004, owned it since 2005, and never had a working bathroom. We have most of the parts we need for the bathroom, we just buy things a little at a time here and there. We have been waiting for plumbing to be fixes, but it couldn't be fixed till we bought our fixtures. Lucas did some good loads so we sat down, I showed him what I liked--then had to go--so he went in and found what we wanted for about 1/2 the price of the ones I was looking at! Way to go!! So maybe this bathroom will be finished before Luke's B-day in October? OK wishful thinking---maybe this bathroom will be done by Christmas!


Pam (sister-in-law) has a family friend who was in a motorcycle accident. Denise had just won a motorcycle so her husband got one too so they could go riding. I don't know any details really, but Skip is being moved to an acute care facility soon. Reading her blog is like Dad all over again. It is almost surreal reading someone else going through this and using words in her blog almost word for word what I wrote. I keep her in my prayers all the time.


The family went up to Creede on Saturday to see a car show and to look at the cute little shops. I could spend SO MUCH money if i had it. Maybe I am not rich because I already spend to much money on junk! If I had unlimited money, my house would be full--image the show Hoarders! OK, not that bad (but you have all seen my scary room), but I would buy stuff I wouldn't need that is for sure! Anyway---the car show was ok (just like very other car show in my viewpoint), but I saw an old friend. Rose was there! Rose was the costume mistress at the college I went to. She looked so good. It was fun seeing her and getting caught up on her life a little! That was fun!

Well I am off to go work on Lois's family history---only 933 names left to match and merge--then I will start her other files! Wow--she is going to have a great reunion with these people in heaven!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment