Friday, September 3, 2010

I don't believe in France





So imagine this conversation



Women: I don't believe in France.



Man: Really? why?



Women: Well I went there once a long time ago. I believed it then, but since leaving France and having a strong disliking for everything French I just don't believe it anymore. My whole family is from France, but I just think they are blinded to the truth...that there is no France. Plus, alot of bad things have happened to me, my family, and society, and most of the bad things have been done by people who are from French or believe in the country of France.

Man: Um....but don't you know there are French restaurants, and I could show you some money from France--would you believe then?



Women: You are trying to convince me of France by using French things...convince me by not using french things.



Man: ummm....Ok, could I introduce you to people who have lived in France?



Women: No. There have been people in the past who were from France who treated me poorly, so I won't listen to anyone French.



Man: What if I TOOK you to France?



Women: I could go, even get a glimpse of the French life and remember it, but I still wouldn't believe it.



Man: I don't think the problem lies within people convincing you there is a France. There IS a France even if YOU choose to believe or not. People can show you things that OBVIOUSLY show there is a country called France, but you won't except them.
The problem does not lie with them not showing sufficient and relevant evidence, the issue is in your arrogance and unwillingness to believe the truth.



How many people do YOU know that feel this way about religion?

1 comments:

Katie Seamons said...

One, and I'm having a hard time accepting it. It became very apparent this weekend when we got together that he no longer believes in "France". I cried.

Post a Comment