Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nightmares

I have nightmares.

When I dream, it is almost always a nightmare.

Last nights nightmares included

Me trying to save my family, and extended family during the end of the world, not to bad last night, but a common dream for me....Variations on the dream--
there is a flood and I can only hold on to one of my children, the whole dream is me choosing which one to let go.
...or that I have in charge of a whole (primary) bunch of kids and there is no food, medical supplies, or help.
.... or an army is taking over my town and I have to hid my children so the bad guys won't find them, but they won't stop crying and the army men are entering my house....
...trying to get my family into the mountains to hid from the bad guys coming into town, I am alone with the girls and I can't carry our supplies alone, and Pepper is so tired and hungry and Sedona is sick....
and the list could go on...these dreams often keep me awake for hours after I have them. Last night wasn't so bad--I wasn't up for more than about 15 minutes.

I also dreamed (dreamt) that Lucas and I weren't married and I was hanging out at a club with a bunch of people from high school and a Sanford friend kept telling me, "wow these people all really hate you...what did you do in high school to make them hate you so much?"
Not really a bad dream, but not a good one either.

Last dream of the night--not so scary, but totally weird. I was driving my PT Cruiser and stopped at a red light. With the car in neutral, I get out of my car and watch it go down the road hoping that it doesn't hit anything. It keeps going and going so finally I call the cops and tell them what I did...stop at the LDS bookstore while telling the cops and buy a movie, before going to find my car and face the tickets and repercussions of my decision.

All and all I woke up about 5 times last night---I kept hearing things fall (I think they were in my dreams, but they would wake me up) and 3 times with unusual dreams. I think I deserve a nap today :)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Nightmares are scary!! I saw this and thought of you. I don't know if it'll help, but maybe there's something that can help so you can get a good night's sleep and not have such bad dreams!!

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/nightmares-in-adults

Jean said...

I laughed out loud when you got out of your car to watch it roll away!!
I have bad dreams almost every night too! you are like my soul sister! I often dream of trying to escape, they can be really disturbing to peaceful sleep for sure!
I have been meaning to say that I LOVE your music to clean by idea! that is SO smart of you! love it!
I did have my grocery's delivered once, I just hated to give up the sale finding at the store, and it took me so long to get my list all on the computer I almost could have shopped LOL

travelingmom said...

ok mom.

Post a Comment