Sunday, January 31, 2010

you are what you eat....

So I stole this off some random person sight--I am NOT an adventureous eater--and I am FINE with that.
The ones in red I have tried---since I am LDS--I haven't tried any of the alcoholic ones...

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding (blood sausage)--after looking up, this is also a not going to try it either
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht (beet soup)
10. Baba ghanoush (eggplant)
11. Calamari
12. Pho (Vietnamese beef and noodle soup)---My DAD use to talk about this---now I am anxious to try it!
13. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (cauliflower and potatoes)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses (pungent unpasteurized cow's milk cheese, so pungent it has been banned from public transport systems in France)
17. Black truffle--I really would like to try these
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns--sounds yummy
20. Pistachio ice cream--actually my favorite flavor
21. Heirloom tomatoes---really want to try these
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras--not something I aspire to try, but I would
24. Rice and beans-made by a real brazilian
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda (dip made with garlic, anchovies, olive oil, butter and sometimes cream)
31. Wasabi peas--and I spit them right out
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl--not clam chowder, but another soup--I don't like Clam Chowder
33. Salted lassi (salted buttermilk, sort of)
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a big fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu (puffer fish--lethally poisonous if not prepared correctly, so I will also mark this one off the list as well)
47. Chicken tikka masala (curry roast chicken)
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi (pickled fruit kind of like an apricot)
53. Abalone
54. Paneer (Asian cheese)
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle (german egg noodle or dumpling)
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine (French fries topped with cheese curd and brown gravy--a fast food staple in Canada)
60. Carob chips--I use to eat bags full of these thinking they were chocolate chips when my parents ran a Magic Mill/Health food store.
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads--kinda like foie gras, I would eat, but not excitedly
63. Kaolin (clay???)
64. Currywurst
65. Durian (asian fruit with strong "offensive" odor)
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini (Russian pancake--I think I knew this already)
73. Louche absinthe (absinthe with water added)
74. Gjetost or brunost (Norwegian brown cheese)
75. Roadkill--eat it at Roadhouse, but it is just the name of a hamburger steak
76. Baijiu (Chinese white liquor)
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong (Black tea)
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum (Thai fish soup)
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky (Chocolate covered pretzel)
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef (i think this is Korean--if it is--yes)
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate (a "brand" of cacao bean)
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa (spice blend)
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor (cheesy lobster stuffing)
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican
100. Snake

0 comments:

Post a Comment