Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No Valentines this year?

I wanted to do something neat for Lucas for Valentines day and when I asked him if I could have the money he was going to spend on Valentines day and do something for the both of us I got a long lecture/talk about how Valentines day is such a waste. This was the gist of the converstation:

1. Valentines has probley caused more fights then good in the history of V-day
2. Why do you have to have a day to celebrate love
3. I never rember when it is anyways
4, Why do one holiday where you have to spend money

SO....The girls and I will celebrate it by doing something fun and we are give the kids at church Rice Crispy treats (since it lands on a Sunday), but Lucas is out of luck---maybe next year if his attitude improves, so pretty much we will never have V-day again :(


BUT in his defence, he did write me a song for Valentines day, but in my arguement--he already performed it for me.....


So...I am taking a poll for all 3 people who read my blog :)

IS VALENTINES DAY OVERRATED??

6 comments:

Charity said...

We are doing something totally different for V day, so we can stay away for this fight. Good luck.

Cha Cha

natalie said...

I think for each couple it's different. It just sucks when you don't agree with eachother. We've never done much for V day and I' okay with that. so I'm no help. sorry.

Jean said...

Is there an undecided category LOL
For our family v-day means going out together as a family. We used to always go to the spegheti factory but now we usualy go to the olive garden. I think it all started b/c I felt bad not including them. So for us it is a day of family love more than romantic love I guess.

angela said...

sorry--i make it four people who read your blog. :) and i don't have a good answer for you either. i suppose it depends on who you are and if you view the day as a fun excuse to say "i love you" a little bit more, or if you see it as just another way for businesses to make money.

Annie Reed said...

AMY I LOVE YOU :)

Tomena said...

Yes and No. Lucas is probably just stressed about $$. That is the underlying issue. Marlin views spent money in a totally differnt way than me, and vise versa. I don't think I'm bad with money I just make different choices. So when I want to do something for him I've come to the conclusion that I have to do what makes him happy not what I would want him to do for me. Hopefully that came out in a way that says, "I think Lucas loves you, the two of you just didn't comunicate (men aren't usually good at this)".
If Lucas felt like the two of you had oodles of spare $$ right now he probably wouldn't care one bit... cause he'd want you to do it becuase you're excited about it.
Guys don't usually care that much about "dates" they just want to be alone with you. My date suggestion (to anyone and everyone)... shave your legs...and let him know you want to be with him... and then show him that you love him....the way he translates love.
Call me if that didn't make seanse.

Luvs,

Hey you just found out that more than 3 people read your blog.... U

Post a Comment