Friday, February 19, 2010

a challenge.

Last night I watched Julie & Julia. It was a fun LONG movie--A few scenes with some swearing, but really pretty clean.

I didn't know a thing about Julia Childs. What a great women. You can't help but smile and be totally entertained by her. I really want to watch some of her cooking shows now.

BUT--what it did have was a whole part about Blogging. I had alot of feelings about the purpose of blogging and the good and bad that it can do.

I loved the fact that through her blogging Julie was able to make an impact on the world. gotta love the power of the internet.

I also thought--I want to accomplish something. I want to do something big for me. I DON'T want to cook to do it--that is NOT fun for me. Julie enjoyed cooking and really learned to love to cook from her experience...

so then I was thinking ... what do I love to do ... what is my CORE desire? (if you don't know the term Core Desire pick up the book "the DNA of success" by Jack Zufelt.) :)

I LOVE to come up with ideas---not follow thru with them---but come up with them. Ideas on parties, books, school lessons, garden plans, and everything else. But I am still trying to work out how I can get paid to do that-

I NEED to love housework---cooking---cleaning---and all that. So I was thinking if I did a challenge for myself featuring cooking and cleaning and blogged about it maybe I would stick to it. While I am in Denver I will be coming up with a plan that I feel is workable (but challenging) so that I can feel like I accomplished something.

By the time I arrive home I will have a challenge, a plan, and a deadline. I will step away from the meanless activities that I am drawn into and accomplish something.

Thanks for listening!
Amy

1 comments:

Annie Reed said...

Amy, very good. I am so excited to hear what you come up with. And for you to share your experience. Best of wishes.

Post a Comment