Wednesday, February 10, 2010

my day in detail.

Once I had a teacher ask me to define "freedom" for me.
I told a very young college class---"A clean house."
They all laughed and I just thought--wait till you have a house, a dog, a husband, a baby, a full time job, and a full time school load, a calling at church, chickens, and live in the middle of a dust storm......

BUT....
tonight
my house
is
clean!

The Young Men came over (a church group made up of 12-17 year old boys) since Lucas is now a YM leader. They ate pizza, planned some upcoming activities and then played Wii.

I do have a few hidden messes that I will work on tomorrow--but honestly my house hasn't been this clean in a long time.

SO tomorrow---
1. go through papers I threw in a plastic bag and hid
2. go through my hutch and clean it out
3. finish the toy room walls (which got scruffed up while placing the table in)
4. return and get the right dust-boards for the playroom floor
5. Go to Sedona school and drop off her valentines (she is sick and won't be going to school tomorrow)
6. Pay some bills.

So good---I will get those done quickly and be ready to play!

of course I am sure another 6 "to do's" will pop up easily

1. Go back to work and try to fax that stuff or finish up the bank stuff
2. Learn how to start knitting
3. Cook up the food I bought today and divide stuff into "dinner sized" ziplock baggies
4. Go over what I need to do for church on Sunday
5. Laundry
6. Start cleaning out Scary Room!

SEE---list of 6 things are super easy to do---here are 6 more (last ones I promise)

1. Schedule 2 year old doctor appointment for Pepper (she hasn't got her shots since she has been sick the last 2 times we have tried to get them!)
2. Schedule Dentist appointment
3. Mail the book I said I mailed 2 days ago
4. Come up with a great B-day gift for my great sister-in-law and amazing sister
5. Write a long email to a friend who is having a hard time
6. Write a long email to another friend who is having a hard time
(and two more to grow on)
7. Write a card to a man whose wife died suddenly in our ward
8. write a card to an awesome friend who doesn't work with me at church anymore (new calling)
-----------------------------------------------------
Primary meeting this morning---went well--Lucas was able to break into the file cabnit!! YEAH!
-----------------------------------------------------
Went to the library---heard nothing from them about the library job---I am thinking that is NOT a good sign--returned books--nothing new check out---a new feat for me!
---------------------------------------------------

Headed to Alamosa--Listened to Jane Eyre on tape the whole time --
-----------------------------------------------------
Sedona came home sick from school today--so thankful Lucas was home since I was just getting into Alamosa and still had about 4 hours of stuff to do---
-----------------------------------------------------
-Had Pizza for lunch (Pepper's suggestion)
-Went to the copy store--they couldn't get the stuff I needed to print--me either
-Went to exchange the CD with the stuff I wanted to print on it---the lady at the store opened it right up and printed some stuff for me--ugg--why can't I get it to work!
-Went to the bank--withdrew money
-Went to the other bank--deposited money
-Went to the OTHER bank--paid house bill!
-Went shopping for food and such (Pepper slept in the cart the whole way!! YEAH)
-Went to the other library---loved it---I so love the library! I got 10 books on tape, 5 movies, and about 10 books--
-----------------------------------------------------
Mad dash to clean the house before Sedona's school party
---------------------------------------------------
Sedona's school party--had pizza, made a valentine, did a fabric square which will be quilted into a big quilt and auctioned off.
-----------------------------------------------------
-Came home to a house of lots of boys & men--which is strange after just all us girls living here most of the time.
-Did Sedona's valentines
-Had Pizza (if you are counting--that is the third time today--I am in heaven, AND I wonder why the scale only goes up and never moves down!)
-----------------------------------------------------
Made a fast "heater" for Sedona--a rice bag--but I have been wanting to make one of these for months now and I finally did one--took maybe an hour!
------------------------------------------------------
Played Wii with Lucas for a while



So since I haven't posted in so long I thought I would give you so many details of my day you would be glad I didn't post daily---and hopefully are so sick of me you will be glad I don't post for a couple more days.

Tomorrow I will TRY to post picture of the play room---OH yeah another to-do----Make a skirt to put around the table in the playroom to cover the bottom--

Night!

2 comments:

travelingmom said...

wow! how did you have time to get all of that done? You must have been going 100 miles an hour. i love when you post even if it's the details of your day. i love knowing what's going on in your life. But here's one hint. . try and condense the bank situation. :) just kidding i'm sure you have your savvy finacial reasons. we have two. i hope dona gets feeling better. oh- and cross of your sis. birthday on your list. just knowing you thought of it was enough. I'll try and call you soon. love you!

Tomena said...

I can't wait to see pics of your play room! When you're feeling down on yourself.. you need to read this ;)

Post a Comment