Tuesday, August 17, 2010

my new life

Well today I started my "new" life.

I have been trying to get it in order for about a month, but it started today.

I am changing my sleeping pattern, my house work routine, and my outlook on a few things.

All I have to do is remind myself when I slip back into old habits--that wasn't working for me--I don't want to live like I was--and that will give me renewed energy!!

Yes I am positive, but I have totally changed my life once (except the sleeping pattern). When I went to college, I choose a college where I didn't know anyone so that I could start fresh, and forget my old bad habits and begin new. I was able to change some things about myself, and had success.


NEW LIFE

1. I will be up by 5:50 so that i can start my exercise at 6:00--I have a class T & TH (which started today and kicked my bum, and the rest of my muscles), and will exercise on my own M-W-F.

2. Since I will wake up at 5:50, I will be in bed by 10:00 and asleep by 10:30. This might be my hardest challenge.


3. I have about 2 hours worth of songs on my YouTube account set up under "clean house". I am able to clean downstairs in 2 hours. Once the downstairs is clean enough to have extra time on each song, I will start working more upstairs, until I will be able to clean my whole house in about 3 hours. I work fast and sweat while I am working so not only does my house look better, I will continue to loose weight!

4. We have an exchange student living with us now, so I want to make sure that we do more as a family so that she won't miss hers so much, and so that I can grow closer to my kids. Sedona has school all day (Head start & Pre-school--she wanted to do both), and Pepper will start school in mid October, so I will have all morning to get my house stuff done, so that I can be ready to do fun things with the girls after school.

5. Lucas and I had a wonderful weekend in the mountains, just us. The girls stayed mostly with Pam & Micah and a few DEAR friends took the girls for a couple of the mornings--THANKS AGAIN!!--We had a good talk about our relationship and we both have things to work on. One of the things we discussed (notice that the word cuss is in discuss?--no worries non of that happened during out talk) :)--Anyway, we discussed how I need to change how I perceive, receive, and accept what people tell me. For example, Lucas comes in and tells me "the house looks good." and I hear "The house looks good, but why didn't you do the dished, or vacuum?" He did not say those last things, but I put them there---example Lucas says "you look good in that skirt" I hear "that skirt hides your fat well." See the problem? It is only with him that I do this--why? I think maybe because I want to be better than I am--so when he gives a complement, I only hear the bad, since that I what I am focused on. I really need to work on that!!

6. I want to de-junk. I am having a yard sale on Friday & Saturday, so I really am going through my stuff and thinking "do I really need/want this?" I have already gone through most my kitchen, and while it isn't amazing, I was able to clear something out of each area. If feels good to toss--something I don't know if I have ever said before!! This evening I would like to try to go through the "scary" room. That is where most of my junk is located--

7. On Friday, I am going to donate blood. I am SO SCARED to do it, but that is why I am doing it. I have never done it, and I think I need to. At least once a month, I need to find something that I am scared, or nervous, or challenged to do, and do it!

8. I am no longer in primary, and I am not going to substitute in Primary for at least 3 months--harsh I know, but I really want to enjoy RS and Sunday School for a while, before I get sucked into subbing alot. After working out, I want to come home, and study scriptures and have personal prayer time. With our Exchange student, I am thinking she will be getting ready for school between 7-8 (school starts at 8:20?) so I will get ready after the girls are at school. I went to relief society, and was read up on the lesson, and had even read a few things about it on the side, so I really got alot out of it.

9. Another part of my new life, is owning my time. I use to feel like I had to say YES and be involved with everything. I like being part of a group, and being in charge, but I have learned, that this year is about my family. I am saying NO to anything that doesn't bring me closer to my family. I am NOT doing the Headstart Parent committee, because I am not good at putting boundaries on myself. I end up stressing and spending WAY to much thought, time and energy, on things that don't need it. I also have a "Sunday calling", which is really nice. So I won't over exert myself with stress about a calling.

10. Which leads to my last "new life" question. With both girls in school and all this free time, is it time to have another baby? I always said I would wait 5 years after Pepper to have a kid, but I am getting to selfish with having free time, so I think I might want to rething that 5 year thing, plus I am not sure what Lucas will think. He has always said one, maybe two kids, but I would like 2 more---so the conversations will continue.

alright, I have been using my Scripture/prayer time to type (maybe I will take 10-15 minutes to write on my blog daily, kind of like journal writing)--we will see..

Happy New Day (and life) to everyone!

2 comments:

Tomena said...

Amy~ (I'm only reading one blog and I'm glad I read yours ;) That is awesome! You have wonderful goals and a great outlook. I'll see you in exercise class. I'm going to the pm class just for today... (Ammon was up 4 times last night) I did it last time and I really liked it. It will be fun to have you. Don't get discouraged if something doesn't run perfectly.... just keep at it for awhile and then adjust a little if you need to. I'm here cheering you on!

Shelly said...

You have such great goals, Amy. I really think you've got a great plan and attitude!! Remember, if you fall off the wagon, just hop back on again. You can do these things!!

Btw, the blood donation is AWESOME!!! Some stranger(s) somewhere saved my life when Matt was born. I needed an emergency blood transfusion (don't know if you remember that). I'll be forever grateful to those special people that gave without even knowing who I am.

Good luck with everything. If you need anyone to vent to, you know where to find me. (We're going to start Bloggest Loser again in September, if that will help you keep on schedule!)

Post a Comment