Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Piano & Birthdays & Biggest Loser

So today I have really practiced hard at the piano. Yes, once every two weeks is not at all ideal, but you take what you can get. BUT--last week when I sat down to play I couldn't figure out how to get my fingers on both hands to work "together'. Somehow, maybe by using Prof. Harold Hill's method (rent the movie "The Music Man" if you have no idea what I am talking about), I was able to sit down this morning and plink most of it out.

I found that I could play it---about 100 times slower than it is supposed to be played, but I played it. This was the piece I was supposed to have played at the recital (first part of May), but chickened out on the whole thing. I did have one song prepared, I should have done it! Forget the fact taht I have had about 4 lessons (which I still owe her for!) and that I am about 20 years older than the rest of her students---yes 20 years older!--I should have done it. I needed to prove to myself that I could and that I wasn't a slacker, but when the big moment hit--I slacked.

The same thing would often happen when I had to perform--a concert, a play, pretty much anytime--I would get sick or super tired, and that would be my "excuse" for not performing to the top of my ability. I have learned that when I get tired, it means---yes I have poor sleeping habits, but mostly I am stressed. I can sleep through alot when I am nervous, depressed, worried, or stressed. Like the time I slept on the ground, in Arizona, under a big truck (we were moving and having car troubles) for a few hours---or the time I slept through all the graduation parties that were held the day of graduation (not sure why that stressed me out, but it did) or the time I slept through my freshman year. I have very few memories of Freshman year, most of them not the best memories. I slept in class, during lunch, after school, and anyother time I could sneak it in. But that is another story....

Tonight I have made my plans for Sedona's birthday party. I love planning them, now we will see if I follow thru with it. Plus (yes it isn't until Oct) I asked Pepper what she wanted for her party---she said Cupcakes--so I will be asking her again (and again if I have too) until she changes the theme, or understands the question more. I did look online and there are alot of FUN cupcake birthday ideas so maybe we will go with it, but I think she said that because she had just seen a cupcake on the birthday site I was looking at for Sedona---
Sedona is having a Dora Party/Fiesta--I will post the party details on another post--maybe sometime soon--maybe not.

I was watching "The Biggest Loser" (love that show) and I am happy with the winner! Mike--was over 500 pounds when he started and now is about 50% lighter. He lost over 250 pounds...INCREDIABLE! Such strength---such persistance--such motivation. really, I want to be as strong-mentally and physically, as they are.
Where is my Bob (with out cussing at me--I don't like to be cussed at) and my Jillian--(PS: anyone else thing Jillian was very buddy buddy/touchy touchy with Ashley?) to teach me what I need to do to loose my last 20 (but I have lost 5, so... my last 15). Ok truth be told I know what to do---I just need to do it! I have gotten better (not great, but better) eatting habits, now I need to find the desire and passion for exercizing! HOW DO YOU GET THAT---anyone have suggestions? I would LOVE to hear what motivates YOU to work out.
I have excuses--Its hard when you don't have someone to watch them when you work out, it is hard to work out with them around, it is too windy/cold/hot/buggy outside, I don't have the time/energy to do it. I DO have the equipment--I can't use that as an excuse. I have a great machine to do weights, and another great machine to do cardio--(the Wii is fun, but not near as fun as I thought it would be, Don't tell Lucas) :)

One last thing---Lucas's Great Aunt Anna will be here this weekend. I have alot of cleaning to do--actually, I have alot of "picking up" to do--it is pretty clean--just need to pick up mostly the (ta da--suprise!) dinning room and bedroom. The kitchen looks pretty good--and the rest just need a good dusting and vacuum. So wish me luck getting the house as clean as I would like!

Anyway---
again, I have slipped into bad sleeping habits so I am heading to bed!

2 comments:

Madeline said...

I love that you slept through your freshman year...so did I. It was early morning seminary that did it for me! Good luck on your goals!

angela said...

I watched Biggest Loser too and was so glad that the heaviest man ever on the show took the cake. It's such a satisfying thing to see these people change their lives, inside and out. I also need to start exercising---eating ice cream while watching the show last night probably didn't help me any...

Post a Comment