Friday, September 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday (a day late)

I missed yesterday (and many of the days before)

But I really love doing my thankful Thursdays so I am going to do one now....
Again, I will number it for no reason other than I like lists
and sorry if I repeat from previous lists, I try not to, but I am sure I do.

1. Awesome counselor's in church!
2. A 5 minute drive and not 25 minute drive
3. Handmade quilts (even if with a sewing machine)
4. Coupons
5. People who have shared their memories of dad!
6. The computer
7. Library (i know i did that one before, but I have used the library here almost every week!)
8. Indoor free play places
9. Family restrooms in public places
10. People watching
11. The little boy doll Tandy got when Angie was born (Honey)-all the grandkids love that doll!
12. nice beds
13. A sister who will watch your kids while you take a nap
14. Nap time (both for grown ups and little kids)
15. The sight of my dad's handwriting
16. Old family friends who tell me stories of my parents when they were a young couple.
17. Hot showers
18. Good shoes
19. Anything dealing with Mickey Mouse (earrings, movies, songs, Disney theme parks, pictures)--he just makes me smile (and Minnie too).
20. Prayer
21. Cousins that play well together
22. Leftovers that are yummy and easy to heat!
23. Meals brought it (then not really needed, still awesome)
24. Learning to receive and to ask for things.
25. Puzzles and video games.
26. Great speakers at Church
27. Awesome Sunday School Lessons (I will never forget the "circle" sunday school lesson)
28. Family circles (just to name a few...around the dinner table, a campfire, praying as a family, and my own added--in the car, and around dad's hospital bed).
29. Spirit provoking Relief Society Lessons
30. a house that is easy to clean


to be continued.....
(I should pay attention and keep the list numbering going....maybe i will)

2 comments:

Katie Seamons said...

That really is a great list. I think I need to know more about these medicine bottles. I don't know what you are talking about but they sound great, and I think I want them. I have found out that he will use the plastic sippy cups that are "disposable" which I don't understand because you can use them for a long time...anyway...oh and are you sure I'm the one that fixed a crib?

angela said...

thanks for being one of the few that actually reads my blog. i've prayed for you and your family nearly every day since your dad's accident, and will continue to pray for you still. you are all such wonderful people, and i'm so glad to know you.

Post a Comment