Wednesday, September 5, 2012

well months have past and I am writing a other--quick catch up on your life blog.  It is kind of like writing a christmas letter every couple months. 

I have figured out that I don't write as much because

1. Lucas is home more.  Since selling the truck I am not up till 2 each morning playing on the computer.

2. While I love blogging I have started about 10 different books (writing them) so that is often what I do when I DO have free time to write.


We started the summer out by doing a summer scool (see MegaMind the Movie to understand why we called it scool and not school).  Every day we had a great routin that we followed pretty well.  We would wake up, have breakfast, get ready (Work Clothes) and do some outside chores (about an hour and 1/2 worth).  We would come inside, change into "nice clothes".  We would clean inside for about an hour --which included piano time and have lunch.  By then Wheeler would be ready for a nap and we would go out to our camper and and have 2 hours worth of scool.  I felt for the most part it went really well.  After Denver and 24th our schedule fell apart and we didn't really do scool again (I think we did about 2 weeks worth the rest of summer.  I am going to do a seperate blog on scool. 

Lucas was in a movie--Yep a good old Disney Movie.  They filmed in a town in the Valley and Lucas was cast as an extra. So for about 3 weeks he played a solider for the movie The Lone Ranger starring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.  It won't come out for another year!!  I am dying to see it!

The kids and I went up to Mom's for a couple weeks right after Lucas got home from filming. Angie and her boys were there for the 1st week and I didn't want mom alone for the 4th, so I stayed the next week.  Mom sure spoils us and we had fun.  When Angie was there we were going places everyday, but with me and the kids we took things a little slower. 

Angies boys went up to Boy Scout Camp and with all the fires in the Colorado Springs area they were sure if they were going to be able to stay the whole time, but they did and had what sounds like a great time! 

With Angies two boys we did a lot of fun things. Angie is always up for a party and I think I pulled her down a little. I didn't want to take Wheeler to a lot of places she wanted to go--she was great in changing her plans and I think we had fun. 

Coming home it was full speed ahead.  I was in charge of the float, with little knowledge on what I was doing so that has been frustrating for me, and the people I am working with I am sure. So we started that on Monday, Tuesday is the day I work for a wonderful old woman (93) so I helped her int the morning and was at the float that afternoon, wednesday was a catch up day at the house before the float, Thursday was the last day of story time at our local library, and friday we left to go on our first backpacking trip--


It was a 3 mile hike/walk--the first 20 mintues where the hardest and then it was mostly a walk.  BUT it was enough! I think we were all glad when we got to camp.  It was enjoyable, except trying to sleep with Wheeler---gotta re-think how that is going to work.  I didn't blog about that in the other posts.  The girls and Wheeler seem to sleep really warm, but I sleep cold.  Wheeler would NOT stay in his sleeping bag (I made a little bag for him by cutting an old sleeping bag down and sewing it closed (no zipper) it would work great if he would stay in it!  So then I would be worried he was too cold (which he never seemed to be) and wouldn't sleep well. 

Lucas and Sedona were fast and Pepper and I were slower, but it worked perfect! 

 
The 24th celebrations came ans went They were a week earlier and I actually loved it.  The last week was very calm and made summer feel like it lasted a little longer. Between working on the float and serving food it was a good Sanford Celebration.  My float however fell apart.  My friend warned me it might, but I didn't fully understand what she was saying, but she was totally correct.  My signs on the float all fell down.  It is too hard to explain so I will see if I can find pictures and post them in another post.  
 
 
Manassa celebrations were fun, but for the most part we skipped a lot of it. We enjoyed the parade on Saturday morning and rode some carnival rides.  I think we went to the Larson's house for lunch and hung out a while.  That night Lucas was gone somewhere---oh yeah he was asked to be part of a Demolition Derby crew, so I drove the kids to the base of the mountain and watched the fires works.  They light them off the mountain so we were as close as can be with out going up on the mountain. 
 
We went and talked around the carnival in the dark and looked at all the lights. It was really fun.  It would have been better if Lucas was with us, but he seemed to have fun.
 
He actually beat us home.  We didn't get home until after eleven and the girls were so tired.  I think they enjoyed it a lot this year too.
 
Between Summer Scool, Denver, hiking, and the celebrations I think the kids had a busy and fun summer!
 
I think I just need to go and post pictures and talk about them instead of these huge emails!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment