Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A BEAR of a Lake!



So you would think we would see a bear at Bear Lake, but we didn't---BUT it was a hard hike!
 
We gained about 2000 ft in 2 miles---it was mostly switchbacks and up---VERY little downhill, until coming back of course.

I was NOT really a happy camper on this one.  I don't like only going uphill and a light rain is OK, but a heavy rain is NOT---and since this one had both I don't think I enjoyed this hike much.
 
We did see lots of neat mushrooms!
 
We didn't take very many pictures because I was a little grumpy, the weather was a little rainy, and the trail took our concentration.
 
Wheeler seems to enjoy the hike and sleeps really well in my pack.  He gets heavy and hot while sleeping so that added to the not so fun part---I couldn't decide if I liked him awake and moving or asleep and heavy. 

starting out! 

Lucas has a big pack--It seems like our bags got heavier, but we weren't taking as much stuff
--go figure!

It was pretty

The trees were kind of strange--but that boy is cute!

LOVE this picture!
 

Bear Lake-

Amy taking a rest--I seem to have A LOT of stuff packed--
I normally carry the "diaper bag" as a fanny pack, but we put it behind me--
not sure a great idea. Made the back too heavy and awkward






We forgot to take an "end" picture because we struck up a conversation with some people from New Mexico who come a few weeks out of the year to hike in Colorado.  Seriously Colorado draws people from all over the world!  We meet a couple from Georgia the next trip who came on vacation specifically to hike in our little San Luis Vally! It is amazing! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment