Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sewing & rated R movie

I will start with the R rated movie-- I rented one tonight. I am dying to see Kings Speech and since I live in the middle of no where I can't find an edited version anywhere--so far I have no idea why it is rated R, but I will keep you updated. (I only watch movies while breastfeeding, so I am about 45 minutes into the movie)

-------------------------------------------------------

So for my brothers wedding I thought I would accomplish a ton--which didn't happen,

BUT I did get some things done.

well--some things done and other things ALMOST done

Their colors are Sage Green, Black, and Purple

FINISHED
1. Colored the white seams of my shoes I will wear to the wedding purple.
2, Finished (except buttons) the basic part of the girls dresses--I had to make them twice because I lost the first set---I will blog about that later.
3. Made two of Peppers long sleeve shirts into short sleeve shirts---why is that related to the wedding? Because I needed a few more shirts I thought where really cute to pack--so I thought I would give it a try--I am very happy with the results.

Really I feel like I should have MORE than that accomplished--

ALMOST DONE
1. Baby Wheelers Tie/shirt--
2. Fabric Flowers for girls dresses and other embelishments

I will post pictures hopefully when I get them all done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've probably finished watching "The King's Speech" by now, but having watched it myself not that long ago, the worst I can remember is profanity - I believe the f-word is used a few times. But these are not gratuitous insertions, these are actual techniques Lionel Logue used with his patients.

I was actually surprised to read that it is rated "R," there is no nudity, sex, violence, or drug use - unless my memory fails! :)

Jean said...

Hey Amy, so Jamie and I are thinking of coming down to Alamosa with our children for this weekend, (I know, land of the plan aheads LOL) anyhow, is your family coming our way or will you be around? And any suggestions? we have not been to the dunes since before we had kids, and we say that it is the gator farms "egg hatching" event, and we were wondering about the actual 4th/fireworks stuff and this train ride for Jamie and I???
I'll send you an email too, not sure which you check or where all your email flow through-to :)
Jean

Lucky Larson's said...

@mywonderfuladnormallife---he does say the F word--many times in fact yelling it at the top of his lungs--I know this is a real technique, but I think they could have focused on OTHER techniques more than that one--Breathing on the exhale vs. inhale and maybe how to read the markings on his notes---I was a little disappointing in that aspect--the rest I loved--A follow up blog to come soon.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the follow-up yet if you posted it, and obviously things like that don't really offend me. But having watched the documentary - like we talked about in my blog - it makes a lot more sense why they focused on it. If I remember correctly, it had to do with how the "f" sound is such a difficult one for stammerers to pronounce, and (I think) using a word that they didn't use a lot was an easier way to get them to say it, because it didn't have the psychological attachments of more common words beginning with "f" that they had been persecuted and yelled at for having trouble with. Like I said, it doesn't really bother me, as far as I'm concerned, words are just words, but I COMPLETELY understand why it would disappoint you and lots of others. There were actually a lot of things I wish they had spent more time on, but I understand that it's a movie. The documentary was just SO fascinating, if you get a chance to watch it, do, otherwise I am trying to get hold of a copy, which I would gladly lend to you via mail (it aired on PBS, so it's completely free of any profanity!).

Post a Comment