Sunday, June 26, 2011

Kings Speech--Spoiler



So like i said I rented Kings Speech--




It was a great movie, but once again, a few scenes made it leap into the Rated R section.



SPOILER----





It was all because they choose to emphasize that when swearing he didn't stutter--

BUT knowing my limited amount about stuttering--I wish they would have taken the time instead of yelling the F word over and over again to show other techniques....like learning to talk while breathing in---or show what all those marks on his speech meant a little more.


While I understand it was building the anger up in him for the next scene, I just think---really would the movie be ANY worse if they changed some of that? I always think that. Did what they leave in to make the rating go to an R--really enhance the movie so much that it couldn't have been left out?

Most movies that I have seen that have been edited--I don't feel like I have missed anything--maybe I did and I just didn't know--BUT I also know that I have NEVER seen a Rated R movie and thought--OH yeah, they had to make that Rated R because if they left out the violence, sex, language, the movie wouldn't be as good--

Mostly I don't feel like I miss out on anything because I choose NOT to watch rated R movies, plus have you noticed that movies in the 1980's that are rated R are like today's PG-13 movies...it is a slippery slope--makes me wonder what my kids will be watching in 20 years...not only in the movies, but on TV.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I can tell you what your kids will be watching in 20 years - what you raised them to believe it was acceptable and appropriate to watch. You model good values, that counts for way more than societal influence!

Post a Comment