Sunday, February 27, 2011

Who said it was 9 months?

OK--I want to know who said pregnancy was 9 months--because if you do the math---

40 weeks is actually about 10 months---SO that makes it really strange when you tell people you are 7 months prego, but still have 3 months left. They look at you a little strange.

Someone told me it is because the first two weeks kind of don't count and the last two weeks kind of don't count so you end up with 9 months. I think that is stupid logic.

Anyway--I am about to enter my 7th month and this kid is still beating me up pretty good. I just want to video tape my belly one of these days doing all sorts of stranges movements. It really is weird. It is hard to have a converstations sometime when the kid is trying to push his way out of your belly button (which hurts), or hic-uping so hard your body is literally jumping!

anyway--nothing overly profound--just another little annoying/fun/strange/wonderful thing in the wonderful world of pregnancy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, Amber and I talk about the same thing! Months vs weeks in pregnancy. People are ignorant; even some of the women who have had babies themselves! Amber is 35 weeks today! It has been such a pleasure to have her live with me. I've been able to be a part of their lives and watch the baby grow, watch Rusty's excitement, and Amber's joy. I "play" with baby girl by pushing on her, and she pushes me back! Amber will have her cerclage removed on March 14, then...? we'll see how much longer she'll go. I'm excited for you and Lucas, and for Sedona and Pepper to have a lil brother! Happy times.

Madeline said...

Several month of the year end up having 5 weeks...hence the 9 month deal. It's just easier to go by weeks :)

the little mrs. said...

I cant believe you're near 7 months already! I want to see some pictures, Amy. :)

I know I didn't hear the news for awhile, but I can't believe time has really gone by so quickly.

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

it's true! i never understood the logic either. I can't believe you are so far along! POST PICS!!!

and him moving, well that's just so darn cute!

Post a Comment