Sunday, February 6, 2011

Life Dare

I am going pretty easy on myself when I don't do this Life Dare to the extent that I would like. I normally would be totally beating myself up because I am not 100% on it, but maybe that is one thing I needed to learn was that maybe my expections on myself and all others is too high.

+It doesn't matter if my kids don't have their shoes on with in 1 minute of me telling them to get their shoes on--(which was an issue today, which I didn't handle well
+If Lucas doesn't choose the movie I want to see (because I didn't tell him which one I wanted), I am letting it go, because I am learning that most of the time he will choose the movie I want to see if I tell him.
+If I don't do everything on my list for my life dare for that day, I let it go. I do what is most important and let the other things slide.

a million things like that happen everyday. I often find myself yelling at my kids because they aren't acting the way I want them to act, but they are acting like the way they should and they way THEY want to act. I am learning to settle down and ask ... "if my kids aren't in the car right now--what is the worst that will happen? We will be late. OK..but isn't my peace of mind by not yelling at my kids worth more than 2 minutes of playtime at the start of school? Don't they deserve to have a mom who isn't yelling at them every morning? How would my day go if Lucas started the day by yelling at me like that?"
I am learning to look at the big picture.

I will try to post more of what I am doing each day of this LIFE DARE with in the next few days...

Monday I help Lois with family history and normally find some motivation in cleaning my house on Monday---
Tuesday--all morning I have doctors appointments! It will be the big day!! Blue or Pink will be decided!! (lets just all pray it isn't blue AND pink---twins would not be a good thing for me!)

I will write again Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment