Sunday, February 6, 2011

blessed life

I just read a friends blog--he kids are all sick and her husband is an intern as a doctor so he is gone all hours of the day and night...and I just think how blessed I am. We have our own issues, but Lucas being gone for days at a time, but really my life is wonderful. I have food in my fridge that will go bad before I can eat it all. I have water, hot and cold, at the turn of a switch. I have LOTS of clean clothes to choose from every morning. I have a big beautiful house that is super warm and that is just hte start of the list. I have mentally and physically healthy happy children. I have a husband who I love, who I know wants what is best for his family and is willing to work so we can enjoy a comfortable life. I think everyday why was I so blessed to be born into the family I was -- at the time I was -- in the country that is full of opportunities. I get bogged down on daily mundain routine, but then I think--I am glad I have a sink full of dishes and I am not worried about what to feed the kids tomorrow. I am glad I have 4 more loads of laundry....literally the list could go on and on...one day I will make a thankful list again. I love nights when things are put into perspective again.


Today in Relief Society the lesson was somewhat on Journal writting. I was thinking--I blog--doesn't that count? I think that is a yes/no answer. For one thing I try to tell things how they are and not just the good stuff...I hope everyone knows that my life is far from perfect (but most likely closer to perfect than I think it is), but I don't share really personal things (nor will I) and I write knowing that people will read this. I need to write more for me. I need to get things out on paper that I am struggling with and dealing with. Things that maybe in the black of the ink on the white of the paper, will become more black and white for me in my life. My personal handwritten journal goes from major event to major event and very little inbetween...I need to work on that. Also I type about 100 times faster than I write so I think--I will type my journal, but then I never print it out--and I think handwriting is so important. SO I think I will do a "multi-media" journal. I will type most of my journal AND PRINT IT OUT, but then I will add some handwritten pieces in it also...
How do you find is your most successful way to journal?


"You will be happy--you just won't know it."
This was in a line from a movie I watched the other day. The movie had some great lines (but overall the movie was a waste of time). This was my favorite---I feel like I am in this state of mind. If I ever gave up my life I wouldn't find a way to be as happy as I am now, but I just don't see it clearly all the time.



Sedona tonight started crying while laying in bed..
"Sedona are you sad?"
"No."
"What is wrong?"
"I just love you so much mom!"
How does that not melt your heart!! I love my girls. They are a totally blessing in my life. Yeerah told us that she didn't want kids---maybe 2% of her wanted kids, but after living with us she wants kids 10% now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment