Saturday, November 13, 2010

do you even care?

Some times I read blogs and I think
"wow--I really didn't care about a thing I just read"

BUT those are by people I don't know---so I wonder...

When people read my blog do they really care?

Do I blog to prove something? To entertain? To get comments? To purge feelings?

I think I blog for many reason---maybe some of each of those.

Mostly I try to be honest, but I have started about 20 posts I have never posted---why?
I don't know? Maybe because some of them are too personal...maybe I feel some are too shallow, or just plain embarresing. Do I really want everyone to know "that" about me?

I find that it is easy to post things like To Do Lists, and things that don't share the "real" me.


one reason I haven't posted is because I haven't felt well and haven't felt like blogging, and I feel guilty about that---

I need to let go of alot of guilt and worry that I carry around so IF I don't post for a month I am letting go of the guilt---I won't worry what people think if I post a blog that they might not find interesting!

PS: I had 3 more sentenses written here and deleted them--because I was worried what you would thing---*sigh* I will keep working on it!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I care. But I'd love to read some of that more personal stuff. I find it fascinating (and a huge relief) to find people going through the same emotions and actions that I am. But, I think you do have to be pretty comfortable with what you say. I hope you find that balance.

Madeline said...

I care!

travelingmom said...

hi amy! i totally care i hope you keep writing. i would keep the REALLY personal stuff to yourself and start a good journal with it. But, I like what you have to say so say it loud and proud my sista! :) Also remember you are prego and nothing feels quite right when we are. So don't be too hard on yourself. Were you asking for my opinion?? love you!!!!!!!!!!

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

i care! I love reading your blog. I have a hard time with my blog too, sometimes I post things that might be a little too personal or controversial, but hey, it's my blog! I'm glad you blog, so i can get ot know you a little more and find out what's going on in your life!
ps. i heard you guys might be coming to az for christmas?!?

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you liked the Sweet and Sour Chicken. We DO enjoy our Panda Express nights with that and the other recipe.

I probably should know you since I grew up in Sanford, but I think that I have been away too long.

And just wanted to say about your blog post here. It's YOUR blog and you can post whatever YOU want. I always have people emailing me, telling me to do this or that with my blog, BUT I just write and do what I need to - to serve the purposes that I want to. After all, it is MY blog....

Post a Comment