Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Countdown--

This August I was so excited to really do each holiday really big so Yee Rah could experience "holidays" American style....
Fast forward and I didn't even decorate for Thanksgiving---SLACKER---
I lost all motivation when I found out I was pregnaunt and sleeping became more important than decorations--pathic I know.

BUT...
a few year ago at Hobby Lobby (I think), I bought the most expensive Christmas decoration I have ever bought. It is a advent calendar that is for the whole month. I am not functioning clean enought to do justice to decsribe it, so I will post a picture as soon as I pull it out. I will say that it is kind of like a shadow box and it has 25 doors--one for each day of course.

I do however have a list of fun things that happen in December to help make the season more merry--I will post my 25 things at the end of this blog. Last year I even put in the things I was going to do for exercize each day---it was fun and the girls loved opening it up to see what fun thing was in store for them that day.

so here is my list of fun 25 things to do: (somethings will have to switch because of Church Christmas Program and last minute things, but overall this is it)


1st: get out Some Christmas Decorations (start Christmas lights?)
2nd: get out Some Christmas Decorations (more Chirstmas Lights?)
3rd : Denver
4th : Nutcracker
5th: Denver --- Read with Grandma Minnie
6: Christmas Pictures (Girls & Family)—FHE??
7: Christmas Cookies
8: Christmas Caroling as a family (in our own house with Hot coco & Cookies)
9: Christmas Shopping--??--Mail out Christmas Gifts (cuss because I haven't started the Christmas lights)
10: Put up Christmas Tree
11: Muppets Christmas (Freeze while hating every second I put up lights)
12: FREE NIGHT (do a crappy job of putting up the rest of the lights and hate them)
13: 12 Days of Christmas Secret Santa--do or not do---that is the question
14th: Write Letter To Santa
15th: School Party
16: Movie night as a family
17th: Read Christmas stories by Candlelight
18th: Yee Rah piano recital
19th: Deive around to look at other christmas lights (feel so guilty I didn't do a better job on my lights)
20th: Christmas Ding Door Ditch
21st: Reindeer Food and Santa Cookies (turn on all lights for a few hours---have Lucas tell me I shouldn't turn them on at all)
22nd: Gingerbread Houses
23: FREE NIGHT
24: Look up Santa on the Internet-is he almost here? (forget all about the Christmas lights and enjoy the peace)
25: Do the Nativity Story (Start dreading taking and putting away the Christmas lights)


SO hear is hoping that this Christmas is more decorated than Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment