Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More Summer fun--the list goes on...

I haven't written everything down, so I will just write the last few days what I remember
1. BBQ hamburgers
2. Family in from out of town
3. Watch home movies
4. Ice Cream cones
5. Popsicles while playing outside
6. Went to Library to check books out (not really special for my girls since we do it so much, but hey--I want to count everything :)
7. Sedona and Pepper did a magic act--It was really inventive for such little girls.
TODAY WE.....
1. Watermelon for breakfast
2. Reading Program
3. Played in a small creek
4. Walked through an old cemetery
5. Played at the park
6. Had a picnic
-------------------------------------------------
I had Piano lessons today --Man what a difference practice makes--those weeks I practice (I have a lesson every 2 weeks) I make some great progress and can move on, but the weeks I don't--I feel like I am moving in mud. It is strange to think that maybe one day I will be able to play the piano with out thinking--kind of like how I type. I don't have to think about where my fingers are going--I just do it. Won't that be cool to play the piano that way?
--------------------------------------------------------------------


Today was the 1st summer reading program of the summer! YEAH!

We drove down to a town a little ways away--in order to support the summer reading program there since they have never had it there--

We were the only ones. It was nice to see my kids interacting one on one with the story teller. I have blessed with such cute girls! Of course I forgot my camera, but next time--

Across the street from the Capulin Community Center is a big Catholic church, including and old cemetery off to the side. Walking to the church you have to pass a small canal with water, so we stopped and played a while. We would drop sticks or flowers on one side of the bridge (about 5 feet across) and run to the other side. The girls thought it was really fun. Then we went to the old cemetery--we walked in that for a while, until I stepped on cactus and had it go right through my crocs---I was able to get all the pricks out without pain--so off to the park we went. They don't have a park in Capulin so we headed to the La Jara school--they have the BEST playground equipment!

Next time I will have my camera.

----------------------------------------------

Sedona the Magician and little lovely assistant Pepper!

We have a coffee table in our TV room and the girls covered it with a green blanket so you couldn't see under it--

Then Sedona dressed up as the magician--she even made a "top hat" from a straw hat and a bucket--and Pepper dressed up as her "lovely little assistant sister Pepper".

Sedona held up a brown blanket in front of the Pepper, who would then crawl under the coffee table and "disappear" under the green blanket. Sedona would move the brown blanket she was holding and Pepper would be gone! They Sedona held the brown blanket up again and Pepper would re-appear.

For such little kids it was a great act!!

1 comments:

Annie Reed said...

DONT LEAVE ME FOR A WEEK!!!!!!

Post a Comment