Sunday, July 26, 2009

YUCK and lots of thoughtless ramble

I came home tonight all excited to work on my blog when I figured out I left my camera at Pam& Micah/Jeff's house. Ugg--I just noticed my sunscreen and bug spray are both over there--guess I will be making a trip over there later.

The YUCK is because I came home to the smell of skunk! Both the front and back doors were open so it is everywhere in my house--but my dog is the biggest stink! I thought she wasn't hit because the smell seemed to go away pretty quickly, but now that she is in the house (on her rug) it is CLEAR that she did get sprayed! YUCK! Now the decision to make is leave her in--or throw her out for the night? I think she is going out--right now!

So I wanted to look cute for the 24th-so I wore my one accessory's that I thought might work--My CHEAP sunglasses and it worked! I tried to wear a little more stylish clothes and my sunglasses--I felt like I wasn't totally behind in the style. I felt almost like a Hot Mom! Maybe next year when I hit my goal weight I will feel 100% Hot Mom!

I loved the talk on Sunday about Pioneers and how much they have given us, but I can't help but think--What about OTHER PIONEERS. Not all pioneers went across the plains--My grandfather is/was a pioneer-he was the first (and only I think) person to join the church in his family. I am TOTALLY thankful for him! Also my sister-in-law--she is the first (other than a distant cousin) to join the church and she was disowned for doing so. She is WAY strong- I am totally impressed with her and her testimony and the spirit that I know she feels. I am thankful for her and the pioneer she is. I love the pioneers, but think maybe we overlook modern pioneers-

The 24th is such a bitter/sweet time. I love having Family like I said, but I am a PLANNER. I like to know what meals will be, who will make them, (and next year I am assigning CLEAN UP also!), but I have to know that not everyone is like that and maybe that much planning stresses people out as much as I get stressed out NOT having a plan. Plus I worry about problems that could happen--which never do--The buildup is so stressful that is almost ruins the whole time for me. This year I really tried to mellow out and just let things happen--Essa (sounds like the leaning tower of Pisa--I have no idea how to spell it--Uncle Steve's wife) was awesome--she can clean up a storm and I felt she really helped--along with everyone else. I enjoyed the activities more this year then last year, but I don't do well with out much sleep and I also feel like I am missing out on too much if I go to bed early so that combo just doesn't help me happy--which no one really seems but Lucas, and I think Pam.

We were able to go to the fireworks this year! That is my favorite part of the 24th activities-we literally sit about 50 feet from where they light the fireworks off. This year there were about 3 fireworks that didn't really make it up before blowing up. Those are scary, but really exciting also!

Lucas is camping tonight with his Cousin Vance. I hope he enjoys it and is able to catch some fish, but I hope he eats it all there and doesn't bring any home :)

also since I have kicked my dog out for the night the house smells better- looks like Mitsy is sleeping outside tonight!

alright it is late and I still want to fancy my blog up a bit--so I will say goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment