Sunday, July 18, 2010

NO MORE PRIMARY

I have been released as Primary President! YEAH!!

I like the new women they called--she and her new counselors will be good.

For those of you not LDS (Mormon) who read my blog---for the past 2 1/2 years I have been over the children in our congregation. We have 3 hour Sunday meetings--the first hour the kids are with their parents and we are all together.

The second and third hour the kids go to Primary while the adults go to their other classes.

We have the older kids (8 and older) in Senior Primary and the younger kids (3-4 years to 7 years) in Junior Primary and Nursery is 18 months to 3 years old.

Senior Primary goes to classes first, while Junior primary comes into the Primary room and we teach them for the next hour. We do a Singing time (about 20 minutes) and a lesson (Sharing) time for 15 Minutes.

Then we switch and Senior Primary comes in while Junior Primary goes to classes--the last 15 minutes we all meet up together to do closing song, announcements, announce birthdays and closing prayer.

Lets just say I am normally very tired after church.

I have tried to figure out how long I have been in different callings in our church--this is what I can remember

Primary Teacher (19-21 years old--------2 years)
Nursery (21-22 years old------------------1 year)
YW (22-24-----------------2 years)
Relief society (25 ----------6 months-)
Primary Teacher (25---------1 year)
Music leader in Primary (26-27 2 years?)
Primary Counsel (28-----------6 months?)
Primary President (28-30---------2 1/2 years)


so for 9 out of the past 11 1/2 years I have been in Primary.

Now don't get me wrong. I love primary, but I am ready for something else.

I will write more about this late...


Float pictures will come I promise---along with about a million more!

1 comments:

Jean said...

I'm sure they will miss you! (even if you can sure enjoy the break ;-)

Post a Comment