Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easter Eggs

I was wondering why we have Easter Eggs at Easter a while ago--and I happened upon the answer just now. I have been asked to bear my testimony as Mary Magdalene. While researching about Mary I found this gem....

One tradition concerning Mary Magdalene says that following the death and resurrection of Jesus, she used her position to gain an invitation to a banquet given by Emperor Tiberius. When she met him, she held a plain egg in her hand and exclaimed "Christ is risen!" Caesar laughed, and said that Christ rising from the dead was as likely as the egg in her hand turning red while she held it. Before he finished speaking, the egg in her hand turned a bright red, and she continued proclaiming the Gospel to the entire imperial house.[33]


I copied that word for word from Wikipedia.

Hope you all enjoyed!

1 comments:

Jonathan Whitaker said...

Interesting, I wonder how true it is?

Post a Comment