Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Children


I have noticed lately that Pepper has been different.  She is a little more quiet and a little more angry.

I feel there are a few reasons for that, but I wanted to think/write on comparing kids or putting one child above another.


She took this picture of herself!  LOVE this girl!




I hate to say it, but it is really easy to brag on Sedona.  She is able to figure stuff out quickly, she remembers stuff amazingly well, she excels at most stuff she does. She is doing school work a grade above her own.
Her talents are out there for all the world to see.

Pepper is different than that.  Her talents are not so easily seen.  She is a "normal" student.  She does well in school, but has to work to figure stuff out.  She is funny, but she has to be comfortable with you to show that side of herself.  She doesn't have a need to show off, but wants to do her best and wants to share when she is proud of something. She is a little spunky and not so quick to help when asked all the time, but is an amazing worker when you find what she is interested in doing.

I found that I would say stuff about Sedona to people and not brag on Pepper as much.  So we, as a family, have decided to make sure Pepper gets her cup full.  I complement her more often.  I make a point to tell people what a great kid she is where she can hear me.  I let her know of any improvements she has made and not so quick to point out mistakes.


A few years ago!

Her smiles the past few weeks have been so beautiful.  She has the CUTEST little smile when she is proud of herself and I am so happy to see it more often.

 Sometimes I forget how smart Pepper is because of the differences in age between the two. I expect Pepper to do the stuff (chores, attention span) that Sedona does.  I need to remember they are very different! I am working on it.

I hope I can continue to be a good mom and not have one child feel they are better or more loved than the other, but that is a tricky and fine line some times.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

PS: it is easy for me not compare Wheeler because he is so much younger and so different!


0 comments:

Post a Comment