Tuesday, December 14, 2010

still going...

I know I read a quote---don't know where or who said it, but it was something like....


"one thing I have learned in life-it keeps going."

That is so true.

after reading that quote I had the courage to confront a friend about a difficult circumstance she had gotten into. I felt better afterwards and even though I was dreading it the results (which turned out fine)--guess what--life when on.

i am trying to deal with control issues. Tonight the man behind me at Sedona's School Christmas Operetta decided to talk through all the songs the honor choir sang. I sat fuming that he didn't have respect enough for the kids who were singing, the parents sitting around us and how rude of him to think that it was only important to be quite when HIS granddaughter was on the stage. I saw the issue in myself and calmly got up and moved seats. I knew him and didn't want to "shhh's him"---so I removed myself from the situation.

Also having our exchange student. She is an excellent student, very well mannered, but I have issues because she does things differently than the way I would do it. She doesn't do it bad, just different. like the way we put the toilet paper on the holder---I like paper to go over the top, the few times she had done it, she puts it going under---not a big deal right? So why am I clutching my teeth as I wrote it. I have issues I know.

So do you have any suggestions, books, or personal ways you deal with control issues--

also this Christmas season had been fun and I have enjoyed it a great deal. I am not in charge of anything, I volunteer for what I want (and help if I am asked). It is kind of nice. This is a new thing for me.

It is also nice having Yee Rah around so if she is home I can say "will you watch the girls while I run to take Lucas some food?" So much nicer than trying to get the girls in and out of the car--Only 7 more years till Sedona is a "built-in" babysitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment